Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Team Fortress 2

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,465 ✭✭✭MOH

Tips for being a spy:

Use the scout class initially, it's the fastest for running but use the relevant class for where you are.

Huh? I was pretty sure you move at the same speed no matter what you're disguised as. So fast moving Heavy/Soldier or slow moving Scout = Spy.
    I don't think an engiee gets a point per TP, I think it's like 1 point for every 5 or something like that. I'm pretty sure they get points for healing too just like the medic but obviously they heal much slower. Healing works on a heal for xHP get a point type system I think.

I'm pretty sure it's half a point per TP. My highest score is 30 with an engy, that was 51 teleports and a handful of kills. (Wish my other scores were anywhere near that :( )

• Registered Users Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Kur4mA

MOH wrote: »
    Huh? I was pretty sure you move at the same speed no matter what you're disguised as. So fast moving Heavy/Soldier or slow moving Scout = Spy.

You do. The spy does not take on the speed of the Scout class when disguised as a Scout.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

The spy moves at slower speeds when he disguises as a slower class, but he can't keep up with a real scout.

Tusky: Are you on wireless by any chance?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Stephen wrote: »
    The spy moves at slower speeds when he disguises as a slower class, but he can't keep up with a real scout.

Tusky: Are you on wireless by any chance?

Yep. That the cause?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Smellyirishman

Oh and also, if there is a cloaked spy trying to run past a lot of you in order to get behind you then if he comes in contact with any of you or comes close to anyone then his cloak will drop a bit to reveal a blue/red silhouette, same thing happens if they get shot while cloaked. So if you see this shadowy/silhouette thing, start blazing like a mad man while turning in a circle :P (also alert your teammates).

As has been said (and I had meant to correct it the other day) a spy will match the speed of slower classes, but cannot match the speed of a scout, they will however travel faster than normal as a scout so it does come in useful. I'm not 100% on how they match up to Medic or Pyro speeds.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

Yeah afaik its just the scout class the spy cannot travel the same speed as. He also cannot double jump disguised as a scout

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

I *think* some weapons will only register hits with spies too such as rockets and demoman grenades.

Mostly though, it's a behavioual thing that you'll get used to. Soldier running towards enemy but not shooting? Don't follow him, peg him in the back. Pyro just walked past an enemy? Shoot them both :). Engineer coming to your base from the far side of the map with a shotgun? Suspect. Anyone near your sentries or moving towards them? Suspect.

Also, spies disguised as medics have no ubercharge counter when you look at them, and all weapons will work against them, you'll see blood spray.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Tusky: Can't be sure but any time I've tried gaming on wireless its always spiked up and down. Have you tried other games on the same connection?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

My point re the scout thing is the initial move. When you change into a different class you slow down. The scout is the quickest. When you cloak your speed gets quick as well.

It's simply the first step, granted your not as quick as a scout but if you're saving your cloak then it's the fastest way of running past the enemy. It all depends tho and like I said most people just shoot you anyway so it takes skill/luck to stay alive for any decent length of time as a spy.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Damn!!

Stephen wrote: »
    Get over to the Half-Life board, we've a got a load of people from there playing TF2 now and we've got a Steam friends group for boards.ie set up so we can find each other on servers easily.

There is an Irish server up ("Irish eSports") and I get fantastic pings to it (<10) but its usually empty :/

Hi Stephen, We're having a bit of trouble getting our own clan members on the bloody thing cos we're running a couple of Cod4's and Counterstrikes as well, and they're all over em. But since you guys seem to be using it more than us, is there any map changes or the like you'd be after?
    If so, Me and Polar ice are the admins so pm one of us and we'll see what we can do..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,579 ✭✭✭BopNiblets

If you have your crosshair on someone you know is a Spy, you will say "That Demoman is a spy!" (or whatever he's disguised as)

I usually disguise as demoman, pyro or engy depending on where I'm stabbin'. ;)

"MAGGOTS!"

• Registered Users Posts: 8,146 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

'Tis no TFC ;(

Advertisement