Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Agent provocateur

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

Cute stockings!

First of all, how do you put them on? Do you leave them long and pull them on like you would a pair of trousers? If this is what you're doing the laddering could be due to toesnails getting snagged in the fabric and ripping it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

They're lovely, but they're still just stockings and will ladder eventually due to wear and tear.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Advisorkpmg

Of course they are oing to latter eventually. But really after half a dozen wears

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 kitt13

I've had great luck with AP, but wear the old-fashioned stockings with a suspender belt. I get the stockings with the back seam and these are made entirely of nylon. Do these have spandex/lycra in them or are they made entirely of nylon, which in my experience are less likely to ladder. (The website doesn't say so I don't the the fabric content of these.) The downside of not having lycra/spandex in your hosiery is you get a get of bagging around the ankles. I've had my stockings for 4 months now and wear them 2-4 times a week for a full day during each wear.

It is important to properly take care of your hosiery. Obviously handwashing them with Woolite and not wringing them, but gently squeezing the Woolite through. Ideally these should be left flat to dry but I often just throw them over the shower and let them air dry. (I feel like an old Home Economics teacher after this post!)

Hope this helps!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Of course they are oing to latter eventually. But really after half a dozen wears

Depends on what they are made from I suppose. Expensive tights that have lycra mixed in tend to last longer.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Advisorkpmg

dudara wrote: »
    Depends on what they are made from I suppose. Expensive tights that have lycra mixed in tend to last longer.

15 percent Lycra.

Advertisement