Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

yellow bally turtles new owner in need of help asap!!!

Options
  • 01-01-2008 9:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 37

Right basicaly i have two yellow belly turtles, one male one female, rather small, they are very little, bout the size of my palm, butter maybe a size smaller...anyway

i have a very nice tank, its the interpet aq3, it hold 75 ltres of water, its fiiled more than half the way up with water.

i use a deltatherm heater which is placed correctly,

for my filter i use a interpet pf internal aquarium filter, the jet on it is placed just below the water surface,

i have a floatng log which they love and a turtle dock that there not too into,

i use king bishop turtle feed, they love the shrmps, not mad about the pellets.

any way my first problem is that ive noticed that they get blown around by the force of the fiter and ive heard of new tank syndrome but ive checked the ph, its perfect, im applying nitrite every second say as i was told to do, but my tank looks awful and i cant see my turtles! its cloudy and murky! are my pets ok!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Turtles are very messy - if the ph levels are fine I would not worry too much.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 Centurion Angel

ive tested the ph several times its perfect and that was before i put them in ive tested it several times since and its still perfect, but the water looks alot worse and is kicking off a smell!

Yes Turtles do that to water. I found dropping the tempature a bit by bit can help, also keeping the tank away from sunlight .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 590 ✭✭✭Jimkel

You might wanna check out an old post here http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055063540 I remember adding somewhat of a caresheet on sliders.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,549 ✭✭✭✭cowzerp

i take out 10% of the water everyday and replace it with fresh water and it keeps it clean and very visible, then do a forthnightly larger clean, filter done 1 time a week, all works for me..

Rush Boxing club and Rush Martial Arts head coach.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 37 Centurion Angel

its been a week since i changed and treated the water and cleaned the tank and its perfect no murky water no smell, and bty the tank is plenty big at the mo thanks all anyway

Advertisement