Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying city of heroes in Dublin

Options
  • 01-01-2008 9:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭

Where can i buy city of heroes and monthly payment cards in Dublin?
    I really want to play this and if anyone can help it would be great,thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭Reku

HMV Grafton St. had them not long ago (both the game and the monthly payment cards). You won't get City of Heroes on it's own anymore, it'll be the Good Vs. Evil combo pack that gives you both City of Heroes & City of Villains as well as some in game extras (forget what they are TBH, think some sort of little jump pack with was part of it) and the addition of 2 extra character slots per server (currently 4 in Europe, Union & Defiant = English, Zukunft = German and the other one is French).
    If you can though you're better off going with the credit card payment since at times it might be hard to find another payment card and the billing is easily cancelled anyway.

Make sure to have a read up on the veteran rewards if you are joining the game, e.g. 3 months lets you access the trenchcoat costume piece, though I think the recently added dual blades and choice of weapon graphics will be of more interest to most.

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭rejkin

alright cool thanks,though I dont have a credit card but iv heard ya can use a 3v card for some online games,is that true?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭entropi

rejkin wrote: »
    alright cool thanks,though I dont have a credit card but iv heard ya can use a 3v card for some online games,is that true?

Yes it's true i've used it with all the online games i've played. Works a treat :)

And i'm sure alot more who read this board will have used it too.

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭rejkin

how does it work? do u just keep topping up ur 3v card and it takes it out of it?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Yeah, you just keep topping up the card. As farohar says, just make sure you keep topping up as they'll cancel the account if you miss any payment at all (although it's no big deal if they do, you just reactivate it and don't lose anything, but it's the hassle of having to reactivate).

Just started playing this again over the weekend (stupid Lord Of The Rings and it's empty servers :( ) and I'm loving it. I never got to really play CoV before and it's brilliant.

If anyone else is playing and wants to set up a Super Group in either CoH or CoV then give me a shout. I'm on Defiant server.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭hairyheretic

I'm playing regularly, but only on Union. I use Defiant just to test out builds for a few levels, then if I like them enough I create them on Union.

If you're looking for some good groups on Union, I can help :)

Might creat another fella on Union then, just to hassle you :p

Don't play it much at the moment as I'm just burned out from the grind so waiting to feel motivated again.
    If you do set up a super group see about asking bru/max powerz about getting on the SG channel, you should get lots of friendly advice there and the possibility for friendly baseraids when your base is ready (need a vault and 6 rooms with anchors as well as a raid TP) for it.

humanji wrote: »
    Might creat another fella on Union then, just to hassle you :p

No worries. Throw me a PM if you decide to, and we'll sort stuff out.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

I started playing this a few days ago (wanted a WoW break and there was a free copy of Cov/Coh going with PCzone* mag in december).
    Just been playing Cov on defiant(no goody goody heroes for me..nossir!)

Still trying to make sense of a lot of it (getting out of the warcraft mindset) but
    it seems fun so far.Nice to see theres a few boardsies on there ..:)

• Advertisement

It can be fairly complicated, tbh. I can't figure out the inventing thing, and I still don't know the keys for chatting. Anyone know how you can reply to people without having to type "/tell <name>, <message>" It makes conversations drag on and on.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

It's a long time since I've played it so I can't remember... ha..

Must boot it up again this week.

What's your character name and level on Defiant? I have a few villians of varying levels on there. And possibly 2 heroes as well.

I'll have to check it out, I can never remember my character names. I spend hours making a costume for the perfect character, and then find out that the name's gone.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

Cabra Commander ("scourge of d'north side") and Baron Ironbludd, still only early levels yet , so I'm just having a play around the archetypes though so I may end up playing another char completely :)

I'll have to check it out, I can never remember my character names. I spend hours making a costume for the perfect character, and then find out that the name's gone.

Use . or - or _ in the name, and you may be able to get something fairly close to what you want.

Bay, that looks tacky :D I was actually shocked the other day when I was able to make a hero called Ultrasound (the crusading midwife). I would of thought a name like that would be gone.

Cabra Commander ("scourge of d'north side") and Baron Ironbludd, still only early levels yet , so I'm just having a play around the archetypes though so I may end up playing another char completely :)

lol, Cabra Commander. Brilliant! :D

Actually, just wondering if anyone had any favourite archtype? I'm loving the Mastermind at the mo. It's great. It's like being in your own supergroup where everyone does what you say and doesn't answer you back :)

Masterminds for me, far and away.

L36 Thugs/Poison, L35 Robots/Force Field, L20 Zombies/Dark and L17 Mercs/Devices

I have a level 43 Robot Mastermind called Melchezidek. And when I was last playing it was experimenting with a Dominator, I got her up around 16 or so I think... I was enjoying playing as her though as she looks absolutely amazing looking.

The character design really is the best thing about this game.

I have a hero called Chichi Puta (I don't know how good your Spanish is) She's really short, but has massive tits... Easily the cutest little Tank I've ever seen.

Okay.. on Defiant I am currently playing with a level 8 Magic Corrupter called Infundibulum.

Hadn't played in a while... so many updates to download...

• Advertisement

The character design really is the best thing about this game.

It's also the worst thing about the game. I've spent ages creating a character only to decide to go back and make a different one, and then a different on and on and on. Maybe I'm just pathetic, but it's how I keep myself happy :(

It's also the worst thing about the game. I've spent ages creating a character only to decide to go back and make a different one, and then a different on and on and on. Maybe I'm just pathetic, but it's how I keep myself happy :(

Hell no, I know lots of people who do that :D

I'm always wandering off to try new things, new characters I haven't given a go yet.

Ah yes, altitis is a common affliction to those who play CoH/CoV, think one of the servers got infected a while back and they've never managed to clear it so it just keeps infecting everyone who logs in.:D

It's the reason I've 2 accounts.:o

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Bit late replying, but in my defense it's taken me this long to stop laughing at the name Cabra Commander - absolute genius.

Altitis has been addressed by several game updates - since introducing Costume creatables, it's now very easy to get into a situation where the concept for your character's look requires access to costume pieces you don't get by default, you have to buy or earn them. Add to that the limited powerset combos vs the massive amounts of different costume possibilities and the extra costume slots at 20, 30 and 40 and suddenly your altitis is channelled into power levelling. If that doesn't do the trick, try earning all of the halloween, christmas or valentines event badges on all 48 of your characters (english, german and french), that'll cure you.

If you set up an SG recently, btw, and are short on equipment I have 2 one-man super/villain groups, one on each english server, that were around for the big payouts just before christmas, so if you want quick access to a basic worktable or teleporter then go into coalition with (Union hero) The Nubsticks, (Union Villain) Singularity, (defiant hero) The Legion of Femalts or (defiant villain) The Rebel Appliance. Also, if you're heroside on Defiant and have more female alts than you can reasonably explain to your girlfriend, join the LoF - we're always on the lookout for some guilty stooge who'll farm prestige for no appreciable reward.

For Archetypes, I keep coming back to Defenders and Corruptors (say what you like about corruptors, but when the team is on it's last legs against an archvillain and suddenly you see a DoT attack hitting with Scourge, you'll be glad they came along). Although I do have 4 MMS - Masterminds are just defenders with their own private team.

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭-Al-

Just reinstalled this the other day, am on defiant level 4 blaster, the iron tornado... superhero name generator FTW :D

Havent played it in years now having to relearn all again, is there many people playing it? starting zone seems pretty empty since last time I played, although in fairness that was 2006 :p

-Al- wrote: »
    Just reinstalled this the other day, am on defiant level 4 blaster, the iron tornado... superhero name generator FTW :D

Havent played it in years now having to relearn all again, is there many people playing it? starting zone seems pretty empty since last time I played, although in fairness that was 2006 :p

Defiant seems to be a bit dead for some reason. Very hard to find a team.

I've started using Union and even paid to transfer my highest level character over and it's much more busy and very easy to get a team together.

I'm playing a lot again now... almost on it every day.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭Monty - the one and only

getting a team on defiants cov, seems near impossible at the best of times, coh however youll have slight problems at non peak times, but should be fine at normal times

Advertisement