Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can I return this?

Options
  • 01-01-2008 9:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭

Quick question if you don't mind please. I bought the mammy a coat for Christmas in November in a well known shop, which offers the usual 28 days to return or refund. Mammy opened it Christmas day, was delighted, and put it aside to wear on New Years Eve. So after she came back in last night and hung it up, we noticed there's a flaw in the lining of the coat, making it look like the coat is bunched in the corner. The the tags were taken off it last night and we can't find them or the reciept, but could I return it to the shop and ask for it to be repaired given it's an obvious flaw? I'm not certain the coat type itself would even still be in stock given how much later it now is from when I initially bought it. Any and all opinions appreciated, Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

If the coat is genuinely defective, then you can indeed return it to the shop. It would help if you had the receipts and tags. If you paid by credit/debit card, then bring your statements with you.

The 28-day period you described covers returns where people simply don't like the clothes they've purchased. This is a courtesy extended by the shop that they are not legally obliged to offer.

They do however, have to replace, repair or refund on a defective item.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭Jessibelle

thanks! I'll drop it in tomorrow so and see how it goes!

Advertisement