Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Defending costs us - again!!

Options
  • 01-01-2008 9:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭

I could predict both goals - pity i cant do the same with the Lotto.

Must be the worst defence you ever saw for set pieces.

Dawson was dreadful - Lennon has been terrible for several games - Defoe good goal but otherwise useless.

Despair has set in - 1 day into the New Year.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭sew

galinka wrote: »
    I could predict both goals - pity i cant do the same with the Lotto.

Must be the worst defence you ever saw for set pieces.

Dawson was dreadful - Lennon has been terrible for several games - Defoe good goal but otherwise useless.

Despair has set in - 1 day into the New Year.

Wow, what a mismatch...they were the comments made by andy gray... literally seconds before the cross was whipped in....i was sitting with my mates 2 of them villa.

Players like Laursen is what we need..seen reports of maniche that would be good but with the defence the way it is.....still going to be a case of we can score more then you's.

Please please please give us a proper defence

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭RichMc70

I didnt see the game but was not suprised when I read that both villa goals were from corners.

What is it with us and set pieces ? I'd say that probably 70% of goals we concede are from set pieces and opposition teams must be concious of this and deliberately playing for them. Plus Robbo is like dracula, he hates crosses.

Unless we can address this problem then we are probably going to have to rely on scoring 3+ goals a game.

Advertisement