Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I'm making a return..this time with a heli..

Options
  • 01-01-2008 10:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭

Hey Guys,

Some of the older guys might remember me..I posted here a nice bit a few years back but then I left r/c altogether. Anyway, I'm gonna try and get my feet wet again with a bit of indoor heli'ing!

I've done a bit of looking around but I can only seem to find complete kits..

All i'm looking for is a basic small electric indoor helicopter to teach me the basics.. I remember names like Piccolo and hornet and brands like Ikarus. But I can't find anything on the net..these names are probably obsolete now.

I already have:

GWS 4CH Pico Type receiver
    Hitec HS-55 servos x3
    Jeti Advance 08-3p Brushless ESC
    Model Motors Axi 2208/34 Brushless motor..
    Futaba FF7 Radio.

What kind of kits can I get to suit all this? I provisionally setting my budget at €150

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭syl77

Have a look at the t-rex 450 range, it comes in both kit and artf format and includes a speed controller, battery and motor. I am just finishing the 450 v2 SE and am well looking for to flying it.
    Thunder power will be (if they havn't already) bringing out a new 450 heli along with MA's Bandit 450.

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭loopingfred

Well, he is looking for something basic and indoor !
    The T-Rex range is great, but not in this case really.

So, in your case, have a look at the walkera's range, especially the Dragonfly 4 which looks like what you are looking for.

With the shipping and custom taxes, you should well stay in your budget. The pack include everything you need (radio and so on....) but can be upgraded with waht you have. But have alook anyway.
    And avoid the "birotors", you are going to get bored at some stage (and quickly if you are not a first timer... My 2 cts ! :rolleyes:), especially if you want to continue in the hobby. If it's just for fun, well, have a look at the birotors. They get you airborn in no time !
    But even with the dragonfly and similar, you will need a bit of practice. Take a crash kit with the helicoptere, you never know ! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭syl77

I would meet half way and get the new blade 400 or a twister 3D.
    They are more stable than the dragonfly and are better able to handle outside flying on calm days.
    Bare in mind, you will require a separate gyro and a lipo battery (and charger if you don’t have one), but the extra few bob spent is worth it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,338 ✭✭✭hobie

techguy wrote: »
    Hey Guys,

Some of the older guys might remember me..I posted here a nice bit a few years back but then I left r/c altogether. Anyway, I'm gonna try and get my feet wet again with a bit of indoor heli'ing!

I've done a bit of looking around but I can only seem to find complete kits..

All i'm looking for is a basic small electric indoor helicopter to teach me the basics.. I remember names like Piccolo and hornet and brands like Ikarus. But I can't find anything on the net..these names are probably obsolete now.

I already have:

GWS 4CH Pico Type receiver
    Hitec HS-55 servos x3
    Jeti Advance 08-3p Brushless ESC
    Model Motors Axi 2208/34 Brushless motor..
    Futaba FF7 Radio.

What kind of kits can I get to suit all this? I provisionally setting my budget at €150

Give Liam Broderick a call over in Ennis, County Clare .... not so far from Tipp .... tel. 065 6839512 .... he flys and sells most Heli Models and what he doesn't know about Heli's is not worth knowing ....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭techguy

Yes, I had thaught of him.. I was in his place before. I must agree, he does know his stuff and boy can he fly!!

I must give him a shout thanks..

Thanks..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭techguy

What about this?
    http://alshobbies.com/shop/lookupstock.php?pc=7756&Desc=

Is anyone familiar with this model?Size,would it suit my gear etc..

I know it's a full CP heli..can I dumb it down by programming the radio not to use certain controls?

I must have a google now!

Advertisement