Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Improving

Options
  • 01-01-2008 11:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭

Right. As of now i'm back on my mission to lose some weight. I have lost some before, successfully, but would like to lose another stone.

As of now i'm 15 stone 7 pounds (a couple of christmas pounds in there that should come off easily enough).

My target is 14 stone 7 pounds.

I would like to bulk up with some muscle in the future but losing weight is important now, for both physical and mental reasons.

I will be doing mainly cardio, but also some weight training (from home, got myself a cheap bench). I won't be taking any supplements but do plan a good healthy diet with enough protein.

For cardio I plan on the HIIT workout from here. I have researched HIIT and know most of the arguments for and against but know this will be best for me. It gives me my weekly targets and Ill find it less boring than simply jogging.

Weights wise I haven't really got a weekly plan in order yet, any suggestions would be great (i only have a bench, dumbells and of course my own bodyweight). I will look into it further as of now but as I say, and suggestions or links would be great.

For my target weight loss of a stone, I am giving myself a reasonable target date of the 15th of March, almost 12 weeks from now. On that day I will post many, many happy smilies.

In the mean time I'll be posting my workouts and diet here. Thanks for reading.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Pj!

Day 1 in the Big Forky house.

Today was a weights day for me. My first, so still a few different things to iron out regarding different weights etc. but heres what I did:

chest fly, 4x10: 5kg per dumbbell
    dead lift, 4x10: 15kg (need more weight for this in future)
    dumbbell lunges: 2x10, 1x5, 15kg (bit less for this one!)
    arnold press: 4x10, 5kg per dumbell (will up a bit)
    chin ups: I am crap at chin-ups, can manage 2. But was doing them in work (good chin-up bar there) this morning including negative reps. Don't have a proper count. Will next time.

Diet:
    8am banana
    10.30 porridge/milled flax seed
    1.30 half can baked beans, 2 slices brown bread. Lot of veg! (450g)
    5.00 apple, almonds (10ish)
    6.30 2 pieces donegal catch cod, 2 slices brown bread (after weights session)
    later 3 ryvita, carrott maybe

Thats day 1! Comments welcome!

(no laughing at my puny weights, i'll get there ;) )

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭ali.c

http://skievat.blogspot.com/

This posts a daily no equipment needed crossfit style workout, might give you some ideas for your training.

You diet eh seems a bit small and lacking in protein, tbh i would try and get a decent protein source into your 1:30pm meal at least!!

Good Luck with it!

Cheers ali.c, thanks for the feedback. Yeah I thought yesterday that my days intake did look a bit small. And I will look into a good protein source at 1:30.
    My diet isn't perfect now but I will improve it in the coming days.

Today:
    First day of my cardio. Starting off slow in a HIIT programme (link in first post).
    It was 30 seconds of walking, followed by 30 seconds of max running, for 4 minutes. Sounds a lot easier than I thought it would be to be honest.

Diet:
    Snack: Apple
    Breakfast: Porridge/flax seed, carrot
    Lunch: Half can beans/2 slices of brown bread. 2 Ryvitas
    Dinner: Stew (not too much)
    Snack: Apple, almonds(10), ryvita

Could be a lot better I know. Will try and get meat into my lunch and more veg.

Deadlift 4x12 15kg, need to buy more weight for this
    Bent Over Row 4x12 15kg, more weight!
    Military Press 2x12 2x10 15kg
    Lunges bodyweight only. My legs feeling the stress from sudden weights and running
    Chest Press 4x12 15kg, more weight needed
    Sit-Ups 4x12

Diet:
    Snack: banana
    Breakfast: porridige/flax seed
    Lunch: homemade veg Soup, chicken fillet
    Snack: orange
    Snack: apple, almonds(15), 2 Ryvita
    Dinner: 2 chicken fillets

Need to buy me more weights as you can see. Might get a barbell set, currently only using dumbbells (but have no rack on bench).
    Diet ok I think.

Today:
    HIIT 4 minutes, 30 secs slow, 30 secs all out

Diet:
    Snack: Apple
    Breakfast: porridge/flax seed
    Lunch: 2 ryvita, half can beans, 2 slices brown bread
    Dinner: 2 pieces of breaded cod, 2 slices bread
    Snacks: handful of strawberries, 2 ryvita, almonds(15), 2 oranges.

Running was that bit easier today. Still tough though. Diet ok.

• Advertisement

chest fly, 2x10 10kg, 2x10 15kg (15kg in future)
    dead lift, 4x10: 15kg (need more weight for this in future!)
    dumbbell lunges: 1x10 15kg, 2x10 bodyweight
    arnold press: 4x10, 7.5kg per dumbell (enough)
    chin ups: damn no chin up bar a home, will do a few tomorrow

Diet:
    breakfast: porridge/flax seed, fresh squeezed o.j.
    snack: portion of blueberries, strawberries, almonds (20)
    dinner: chicken/spuds/veg/gravy

Diet a bit messed up today. Had a large Sunday dinner! Just after my workout though and had no proper lunch so I'll let myself away with it.

Didn't get to do the chin-ups will do them tomorrow in work. Really need more weights. Went to get some today and Argos were all out. I'll try and sort it during the week.
    Oh and I hate lunges! Legs (left especially) don't like em at all.
    Wasn't overly impressed with my workout. Only the chest fly and arnold press was I really pushing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭eclectichoney

I don't think anyone likes lunges - but they're good for you :)

Rest Day today

Diet:
    Snack: banana
    Breakfast: porridge/flax seed
    Lunch: chicken fillet, half can beans
    Snacks: apple, orange, almonds(15), slice brown bread
    Dinner: 2 chicken fillets, mixed veg
    Snack: Apple, brown bread +ham and cheese

Lots of snacking!!

Advertisement