Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Storm cinema naas- parking.

Options
  • 01-01-2008 11:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 860 ✭✭✭

Do you have to pay for parking aswell? Only passing today and saw the barriers down on the entrance in. Its a joke if true.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Einstein

yup..

had to pay on stephens day anyway..dunno if it's a regular thing. They validated it for me. Still cost 2.50 tho. robbin bastads!:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,623 ✭✭✭dame

Went to Kids Club there on Sunday and had to pay E1 after ticket was validated. The girl said that was for up to 3 hrs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 ioshmearse

There's only one pay machine in the cinema lobby so be prepared for a long wait if you go to a popular film. There should be at least two more lobby machines.

There is also a pay machine near the exit barrier. The barrier is on a slope so watch out if the person in front hasnt mastered the art of hill starting.

I had to wait in line at the barrier while a driver who hadnt paid his ticket tried to argue with someone over the intercom that he had paid and his ticket wouldnt work. After several minutes he got out of his car, hung his head in shame and paid his ticket.

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭baztard

What a scam, having to pay for parking at a Cinema. This is pure greed on the part of whoever runs the car park. The only reasons to park there that I can see, are for the hotel and the cinema. Its not like the place is full of cars parking there who aren't customers of either one of these. Storm cinema can go and sh*te, I wont be heading back there again.

• Registered Users Posts: 860 ✭✭✭rondeco

I agree with Baztard. Back to liffey valley for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,187 ✭✭✭keefg

crap!

Is this just a new development? I have been to Storm a few times but have never had to pay for parking.

If so...it's back to Liffey Valley for me also.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,623 ✭✭✭dame

keefg wrote: »
    Is this just a new development?

Yes, brought in over the Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭prospect

I wont be visiting Storm again if that is the case.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,165 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1m1tless

yeah this totally sucks! Its the same carpark for the hotel also?

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭baztard

I was in there again on Saturday (After swearing I'd never go back). There was a queue of cars going in, backed out onto the Dublin road due to the barrier. Then after the film was over there was a queue to get your ticket validated by one of the staff, then we had to queue to get to the one and only ticket machine to pay (€1 with validated ticket), and then back in the car we had to queue to get out of the carpark due to the barrier once again.

There's a sign up saying its not the cinemas fault and to direct all complaints to some car park company. Still though storm had wanna sort something out as its a f*cking joke.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭atheist

I too was prompted to pay despite having my ticket endorsed. Worse again the paystation nearest the cinema was looking for €10 euro, which the Hotel told me is a fault with the machine for the Cinema to fix and it's really €1 euro. Staff couldn't give a monkeys.

Suggestion: Park behind Kildare CoCo building, Redbrick in front of Coldstores, off mini roundabout and walk a few hundred yards to the cinema. That's what I'm doing this afternoon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 ioshmearse

Paid for my ticket, got into my car and then had to wait for 20 minuted before getting out onto the main road. Your f'd if you go to the main screen and dont park on ground level near the hotel. Too many people trying to exit through one barrier.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 cinemagoer

Wow... epic threads on this cinema! I havent been on boards.ie in ages, are we still all bashing on at this? As I mentioned in the last post about Storm in Naas, I go to the cinema all the time, I spend alot of that time in Storm. The parking can be a bit frustrating. I went to see batman and it took quite a while to get out. I think only one film finishes up at a time because its not as packed as it used to be. I dont like how you have to pay an extra euro for a carparking ticket but if any of you read the paper last week you would see that all of the dublin cinemas put their prices over a tenner. In a recession?? I am one of the unluckys that lost my job and times are tight and Storm is still a cheap place to bring the kids. I know that this cinema isnt popular but at least they have stood fast with their prices. I actually think its improved alot as a cinema in any case. I dont really have to que alot any more which always annoyed me a bit and I always get out of the carpark within a few minutes. But hey, it could be different the next time you get a Batman or a Harry Potter. Who knows?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

There really is no need to dig up a one year old thread.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement