Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

classing a truck as a workshop?

Options
  • 02-01-2008 12:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,062 ✭✭✭

im thinking of eather buying a small van, big bus or truck to put a outside broadcast unit in it.. this will mean half for storage ( workshop) and the other with desks and tv monitors.

now i know if i buy it in the uk i pay only 50 euro vrt so thats not too bad
    but
    cna i put it in teh workshop tax class? so i only have to pay 50 euro a year and then anyone can then drive it..

any ansers would be great

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

anto-t wrote: »
    im thinking of eather buying a small van, big bus or truck to put a outside broadcast unit in it.. this will mean half for storage ( workshop) and the other with desks and tv monitors.

now i know if i buy it in the uk i pay only 50 euro vrt so thats not too bad
    but
    cna i put it in teh workshop tax class? so i only have to pay 50 euro a year and then anyone can then drive it..

any ansers would be great
    I was making similar enquiries about having a van converted as a "mobile workshop" for disco and sound engineering etc, It was the insurance that killed off the idea. ie anything to do with the entertainment industry. Most insurance companies including Quinn did not want to know about it. Those that would, their quote out weighed any benifits gained on the tax reclassification. To get a van classed as a workshop it needs to have permanent fixtures such as a bench unit, power supplies etc. You must declare this to your Insurance or else your policy could be null & void.

Advertisement