Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Boots for the larger calf muscle... :)

• 02-01-2008 3:06am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭

I'm a rather petite lady, normally a size 8, with a size 4 foot, but due to wearing incredibly high heels over the years and sports that involve quick feet movement I've rather large calves and find it very difficult to find boots. Generally I find that my feet fit fine, but when it comes to closing them up I haven't a hope, unless I go for a size 6, which then looks ridiculous as there's a bulge at my ankle, and it looks like I'm about to run away with the circus.
    I'm looking for a pair of black wedge suede boots for every day wear to uni.
    I've tried Schuh, Clarks, Barrats, Marks & Spencer & so far haven't found anything remotely like what I want :/ I'm rather reluctant to buy anything from the internet.
    I'm tired of wearing trousers, I want to feel like a "lady" :D
    Help!
    Cheers.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭fruitbat

try duo of bath.... they are fantastic. Boots are done by foot size and calf measurement. It is an internet shop option, but I have heard very good things about them.

http://www.duoboots.com/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 826 ✭✭✭vibrant

Try Evans, or other clothes shops for larger sizes as they tend to stock footwear.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,015 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

fruitbat wrote: »
    try duo of bath.... they are fantastic. Boots are done by foot size and calf measurement. It is an internet shop option, but I have heard very good things about them.

Ahh Beruthiel reccomends them, as do a few of the other boardsies here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 745 ✭✭✭misswex

Definitely take a pop into Evans to see about getting your boots. They do the wide calve widths and have some lovely style boots. Also most of the fashion catalogues to the wide calve widths too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 183 ✭✭giggles

saw www.bucklesandbows.co.uk in a magazine recently, not sure what they are like.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 773 ✭✭✭echosound

Next do a range of wider fittings too, and they also do knee high boots in stretch fabric (suede effect fabric, so might be the style you are looking for) which are pretty comfy no matter the calf size, and really damn cheap, think were only around the 40 euro mark. the ones I got are just plain heels though, not sure if they do wedge styles.

Oxendales do wider fittings too (catalogue) and I think they have a sale on at the moment.

Would also recommend Evans for wider fittings, although this season I found all their boots waaaay too large at the calf, they were sagging down, perhaps it's to do with that trend of tucking jeans inside boots, but they were ginormous in comparison to previous years.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 TheEx

I recently found a lovely range called 'emotion' in McDonagh's. I bought them in Citywest Shopping centre . They appear to be a UK brand & they have some really nice stuff. They are actually for wider feet, but the calf size is bigger too. A quick google of 'emotion shoes' should sort you out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,347 ✭✭✭daiixi

I have two pairs of duo boots. They're pricy but I've had them for about 18 months now and they're fabulous.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭*Page*

www.emotionshoes.com

they are a wider fitting fashion company... and they are great... 1st time in my life i put on a pair and they fitted my calfs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭wandering_star

Thank you for the help! I'm going to go hit evans & next tomorrow and if that doesn't work out I'll check out the websites, thanks for the help. Nice to know that I'm not alone with this "problem", at least i've never been told that I kick like a girl :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭gogo

fruitbat wrote: »

They really are fantastic, they do boots to your individual mesurement, and the quality is amazing, i have two pairs as well. you can even measure your leg with your jeans on and hey presto you have a pair that will not only fit you leg but can be worn over jeans as well.

The prices start from 110.00 sterling, but its worth every penny, they won't charge you either until you order is shipped, and ifyou tell them not to ship until febraury, you won't be charged until February.

Opps forgot to say, as your obviously wary of ordering from the internet, you can ring duo boots for a catalogue and then phone them with your order after you have picked a pair from the catalogue.

There hoping to open a shop in dublin late this year - or so i heard on the grapevine.

Highly highly recommended

• Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭dollydrops

I bought a pair of boots from the emotion range and they are the only boots I have never owned that didn't cut of the blood circulation in my calves! I bought them in Pavers in Blanchardstown they are in the retail park that next and KFC are in.

Advertisement