Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My First Tattoo on Upper Arm

Options
  • 02-01-2008 3:08am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭

I'm set on getting a tattoo for once and the upper arm is probably the place I'll get it. First things first it can't have colour. I don't want anything too big either but when I say big I mean something covering the entire upper arm.

I have pretty big well toned arms (for someone that has hardly ever stepped in a gym) and I think a tattoo really shows that off in a man.

Maybe something like this but I'd like to see it actually on someone:
    www.tattoojohnny.com/tattoo-design-gallery.asp?sku=JIF-00062

This chap here has more of the type of tattoo i like:
    http://www.celebritytattoos.org/randy-orton-tattoos/

I actually really like designs of a cross but I think it'd be too hypocrital of me to get one. :)

Anyway I'm open to all suggestions. the more the merrier. Cheers.

btw, would it be a problem getting a tattoo over the 3 "ABC" needles you get as a kid? Mine are more noticable than most people's but not the worst I've seen by a long way.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 783 ✭✭✭Skellington

Read this.
    GaryL wrote: »
    btw, would it be a problem getting a tattoo over the 3 "ABC" needles you get as a kid?
    And no.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭Reku

It kind of sounds like you don't really know what you want OP so be careful about getting anything since you will pretty much have to live with it for the rest of your life or go through a lot of hassle to get it sort of removed (usually does leave some discolouration/scarring of the area AFAIK).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭GaryL

Read this..
    Any reason in particular?
    It kind of sounds like you don't really know what you want OP so be careful about getting anything since you will pretty much have to live with it for the rest of your life or go through a lot of hassle to get it sort of removed (usually does leave some discolouration/scarring of the area AFAIK).
    Cheers for the advice. I'm just like the vast majority of people getting their 1st tattoo though. Unlike a lot of them I actually want to choose my tattoo very wisely. As you say I don't know what I want which is why I posted here. I thought the couple of links posted would have narrowed it down a fair bit though. :) If there's even specific names for the types of designs in the links posted that'd be great as it'd help me google for the tattoo I really want.

actually, a quick look at my link tells me it's a tribal tattoo. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

www.bmezine.com look at the tattoo section, youl get ideas

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Gauge

If it's tribal you're looking for, try doing a google image search of keywords like samoan, polynesian, maori tattoos, etc- rather than just 'tribal tattoos'. The one you've linked is really generic looking (sorry), but you've said you don't know what you want so I'm guessing you're not totally set on it... there's way more options out there for you than typical tribal flash, so I think if you did a bit of research you'd be able to come up with something a lot more unique and interesting.

• Advertisement

Gauge wrote: »
    The one you've linked is really generic looking (sorry), but you've said you don't know what you want so I'm guessing you're not totally set on it...
    The thing is though I don't want too much detail in the tattoo and because of that it is going to look quite general. I'm not looking for anything too unique, just something I really like. I've seen a couple of pics of celtic armbands and really like the look of them. atm the armband is probably what I'll go for.

I know it seems like I keep changing my mind but last night was the first time I really looked at loads of pics and I'm only really realising what I want as I go along. I won't be getting it for a month or 2 if at all so I won't be jumping into anything. If you asked me 5 years ago the type of tattoo I want it'd be the exact same but I just couldn't put it into words. At least now I want something black, with not too much detail, probably of tribal or celtic style. If I could find a picture gallery with those types it'd be great but for every 1 tattoo I like there's another hundred that are completely different to what I want.

A few more I like:
    tattzk2.jpg

tatt2vy8.jpg

tatt3ar2.jpg

tatt4ql9.jpg

Advertisement