Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parking on Liffey Street, Dublin

Options
  • 02-01-2008 8:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭

Is there on-street parking on Liffey street in Dublin? (outside Gamestop, Burdock's, etc.) ?

If not, does anyone know of on-street parking in a high foot traffic area in Dublin City Centre? Can't be a taxi rank / bus stop.

all help appreciated,
    Dave

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,411 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Is there on-street parking on Liffey street in Dublin? (outside Gamestop, Burdock's, etc.) ?
    Not to my knowledge.
    If not, does anyone know of on-street parking in a high foot traffic area in Dublin City Centre? Can't be a taxi rank / bus stop.
    Maybe the bottom of Dawson Street? D'Olier Street / Westmoreland Street near the bridge?

Odd request, whats this for?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭davidclayton

I'm filming an short amateur film and need people's reactions, so need some foot traffic.

Westmoreland street would be good. Did a quick search and found this pic:
    http://static.panoramio.com/photos/original/213269.jpg
    Looks like it's a loading bay, so I won't be able to use it between 7am-7pm Mon-Sat.
    I need to be able to use it on a Saturday from about 9am to 2pm.
    Does Westmoreland street have car parking aswell as loading bays?

Yeah, looks like all loading bays:
    http://static.panoramio.com/photos/original/254190.jpg

Any other suggestions?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,993 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Biko should be along soon enough and should be able to answer your question.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Wetmoreland St. has on street parking except on the left side of the street (heading towards the Bridge). On the opposite side there's parking from the bank on the Fleet St. corner down past Spar. Except for a smallish loading bay at Charlies/Spar.

• Advertisement

Sweet. I think I'll take a trip in today or tomorrow to suss it out. Thanks for the help!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 503 ✭✭✭OMcGovern

There are limited public parking spaces in Strand St Great, just off Liffey St.
    Ie. drive past Burdocks, and turn right.
    I think there's about 10 spaces on that road.

Also, does it need to be outdoors ?
    Why not park in eg. Jervis St, and get peoples reactions in the shopping centre or just outside it on Henry/Mary St ?

regards,
    Owen

Outside would be better for lighting conditions, but it is food for thought...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Do you have to stay in your car to shoot the footage??

• Registered Users Posts: 3,084 ✭✭✭dubtom

If it's after 7 pm you can park on liffey street,a close alternative during the day would be capel, a couple of minutes walk away.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭vibrant

You can park on the quays - either on the south quays just before Hapenny Bridge, or on the north quays from the 4 courts up to capel street.

Nassau Street is another option, there are generally loads of people wandering around there (and the path is a little bit narrower than other footpaths too!)

Also Parnell Street, but I'm not sure exactly where to park there with all the building around the Ilac centre and Moore Street, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,993 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

OMcGovern wrote: »
    There are limited public parking spaces in Strand St Great
    I'll second that. I always park in Great Strand Street and have never arrived there without finding a vacancy. It's always worth a try as 99% of motorists can't find their way onto it. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭ballooba

A lot of cars get vandalised between Millenium Walkway and Liffey Street on Strand Street Great. I walk past vans with broken windows every day.

found the perfect spot today. the end of dawson street (the nassau end). outside trailfinders there is a few spots.

thanks for all the advice. much appreciated.

Advertisement