Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Opening a Joint Account with AIB

Options
  • 02-01-2008 10:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭

I want to open a joint account with my other half. We are both AIB customers seperately, but what do we need to open a joint account (i.e. passports, proof of address), and do we need to be together in the bank at the same time to do this?

Thanks for any help you can provide!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭goodlad

I want to open a joint account with my other half. We are both AIB customers seperately, but what do we need to open a joint account (i.e. passports, proof of address), and do we need to be together in the bank at the same time to do this?

Thanks for any help you can provide!

I opened a joint account and myself or my other half didnt have to show any ID at all because we had our own separate accounts already with the bank. But then again, a mate of mine was doing the same thing with his other half and they needed ID. I guess it depends who u get on the counter.
    And yeah u will both need to be in the bank as you both need to sign some forms. Just ring the bank to be sure

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭firebug_guy

Thanks a mill for your help! Will give them a buzz at lunch and see what the story is.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,611 ✭✭✭Blackjack

goodlad wrote: »
    I opened a joint account and myself or my other half didnt have to show any ID at all because we had our own separate accounts already with the bank. But then again, a mate of mine was doing the same thing with his other half and they needed ID. I guess it depends who u get on the counter.
    And yeah u will both need to be in the bank as you both need to sign some forms. Just ring the bank to be sure

It depends on how long you've been with the Brach AFAIK - if you've opened an account at that branch before 1995, you don't always need to produce Household bills etc, they may still (and should, for your security more than anything else) ask for some form of ID in any case. It probably does depend on who you get at the counter more than anything else though.

Advertisement