Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cycling club in Kildare

Options
  • 02-01-2008 10:28am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,038 ✭✭✭

I'm looking for a cycling club in the Newbridge/Kildare town are of Kildare that will take a total beginner on. I know there is one in Newbridge but I'm not sure of how active it is. Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭shapez

Hi,

I have a friend of mine from Allenwood that's in the Naas Cycling Club. Check them out. Pretty well organised as well. http://www.naascyclingclub.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 38 skim

go 2 cyclingirelan.ie and it,ll give him all he needs 2 no.it has a thing were u can find local clubs

• Registered Users Posts: 2,481 ✭✭✭Morgan

• Registered Users Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭ba

if you're a total beginner maybe it would be best to increase your fitness alone first? many club members, particularly this time of year, will not slow down for newbies.

however some clubs are well organized, separating riders into slow + fast groups.

btw have you a road racing bike? as this is a standard if you want to ride with most clubs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,038 ✭✭✭penexpers

Building my bike at the moment, should be finished in the next couple of weeks, I'm not a total beginner to cycling, commuted approx. 25km per day for about year, though that's down to 10km now. I would consider myself pretty fit.

• Advertisement

just wondering did u find out about dat club yet if not let me no and ill be able to tell you when and where dat one in newbridge leave for a ride

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,038 ✭✭✭penexpers

hey found out about Naas, nothing about Newbridge.

there is one in newbridge or kilkullen aswell which ever is closer to you both clubs have a club ride on a sunday morn its either ten or eleven both leave at,newbridge one leave from lumville house,kilkullen one leave from nicholastown its an area in kilkullen hope this helps ye

Advertisement