Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3 USB broadband in Mayo

Options
  • 02-01-2008 10:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭

Hi all,

I have been using a 3 USB broadband unit between Newpoert and Mulranny in County Mayo for the last few months, this is the only boradband I can get!

In the second week in December I lost all connectivity, even going up stairs that usually gave me 3+ bars of signal.

I checked the unit in Dublin and all appears well.

On Saterday 29/12 I gave them a call and was informed that 3 equipment in Mayo is down for HSDPA and 3G.

I have been promised a credit, but was wondering how wide spread this issue is?

Anyone else having fun in Mayo?

Later,

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭godskitchen

A couple of lads I know had the same problems, but its all ok now as far as I know.

What mast are you getting your signal from?

How far are you from Newport, I am over 12Km away and was able to get a good 3G signal from Vodafone and O2 with an external antenna.

I am guessing you cant see the church in Newport...........

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭Grayarea

I am about 6km towards Achill on the n59 out of Newport.

I cannot get Vodafone 3g, that is what I use for work and no go. Not sure about O2.

Later,

• Registered Users Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

I was getting what I think is a 2G connect, on the O2 USB out in Glenhest over Christmas. Nothing crazy but a hell of a lot better than 56k, connecting around 284KBs.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

If you need something that works get westnet or o2

Trojan wrote: »
    I was getting what I think is a 2G connect, on the O2 USB out in Glenhest over Christmas. Nothing crazy but a hell of a lot better than 56k, connecting around 284KBs.

I am in Glenhest, I can pick up Vodafone 3G, O2 3G from Newport via an external antenna, 12Km away.

I can also pick up Three which is just across Beltra Lake, on Croagh Moyle.

You would have been on EDGE with O2, which is also across the lake too. Handy for surfing and email and 10000000000000000x better than Dial Up.

• Advertisement

I can also pick up Three which is just across Beltra Lake, on Croagh Moyle.

Is this HSDPA mast back up and running now? I checked over the weekend and am still getting nothing.

Is that the mast that covers the N59 newport - Mulranny area?

Thanks,

It would be the one covering that area yes, it has not been right for over a year, Three of course know all about this and choose to do nothing about it.

Does your modem work in other areas?

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭magooly

Grayarea wrote: »

In the second week in December I lost all connectivity, even going up stairs that usually gave me 3+ bars of signal.

Same as that for my aunt in Belcarra. Worked great for 3 months then nothin. 3 duly offered a refund on the month payment and cancelled the contract in fairness to them. I sold the modem on ebay. She's back on dial up now and reports its good enough, she holds skype calls over it constantly without complaint.

It would be the one covering that area yes, it has not been right for over a year, Three of course know all about this and choose to do nothing about it.

Does your modem work in other areas?

yea it works great in Dublin!

Later,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 thebullets

Im the same in Laois. Its terrbile. Been gone for a month now and when i ring them up they say its a techincal problem even tho im in portlaoise now and using it no prob. how do u get to a point where 3 will offer u a refund

• Advertisement

I have got my access back :)

Anyone know an Irish contact for 3 as they promised me some credit and it did not appear on my bill!

Thanks,

Advertisement