Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

exam repeats!!

Options
  • 02-01-2008 11:58am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9

ok so...having failed 3 exams and not having went to 2......i will be doing repeats!

when are they? usually arnt they in august?

but in ucd there with the spring ones??

all i know is what i heard from rumours so id really appreciate some advice.

yes im an arts first year.....:confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

You repeat exams that you failed in the Christmas exams at the same time as doing your Summer exams

You repeat exams that you failed in the Summer exams at the same time as doing your Christmas exams

• Registered Users Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭seraphimvc

like the mod said...

and each subject will cost you about 100 something...hmm...just in case you didnt know...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭MuddyDog

seraphimvc wrote: »
    like the mod said...

and each subject will cost you about 100 something...hmm...just in case you didnt know...

think its 200??

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

Jesus you'll be doing another 5 exams/assessments ontop of what you have to do in the summer. First year or not you have a bit of a task ahead of you.

Work hard, perhaps go to an exam and you might just make it to second year

Sometimes I cant wright what I want to say without risk of bannage so ill just show my frustration through the medium of art neveu
    screaming_man.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭Stepherunie

No august repeats.

As all have said all summer.

I'm guessing you may not have done some of your continuous assessment either - you'll have to do that too.

• Advertisement

This may seem to be presumptious and rude but OP, what have you been doing since you got to college?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭t_ucd

I'm guessing you may not have done some of your continuous assessment either - you'll have to do that too.

Are you sure? When I deferred my Christmas exams two years ago and did them in summer instead, the written exam counted for 100%.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭jay-me

Grimes wrote: »
    This may seem to be presumptious and rude but OP, what have you been doing since you got to college?

This also may sound presumptious but ucd + arts usually means tokin the good stuff:rolleyes: which also leads to repeats. All part of student life (for many art students anyway lol)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭Stepherunie

t_ucd wrote: »
    Are you sure? When I deferred my Christmas exams two years ago and did them in summer instead, the written exam counted for 100%.

I think if you've handed in all the assessments and repeat the exams the exam is worth 100% but if you haven't handed in the continuous assessment the grade is an incomplete and you have to sit the continuous assessment.

jay-me wrote: »
    This also may sound presumptious but ucd + arts usually means tokin the good stuff:rolleyes: which also leads to repeats. All part of student life (for many art students anyway lol)

your obviously not an Arts student. The entire system has changed with near weelky assessment and 2 sets of exams. But then again if that was true your jokie wouldnt be funny.

So in reality Arts Students are waster lololololo :rolleyes:

And your statement that All Arts Students are Drug addicts ffs. When you finish your junior cert come and have a look aw UCD

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,885 ✭✭✭Stabshauptmann

Addicts? He was talking about weed!

I'm just going to pretend the last 3 posts in this thread didn't happen. Oh look, they didn't.

Bear in mind, the powers that be do, in fact, read boards. So don't ask a question here that you wouldn't ask at the student desk.

banana-were-cat, that kind of behaviour is silly. As is your username. Stop it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭lolli

How do you know you failed when the results arent even out now let alone at the beginning of January?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 banana-were-cat

Raphael wrote: »
    I'm just going to pretend the last 3 posts in this thread didn't happen. Oh look, they didn't.

Bear in mind, the powers that be do, in fact, read boards. So don't ask a question here that you wouldn't ask at the student desk.

banana-were-cat, that kind of behaviour is silly. As is your username. Stop it.

fag

'tard.

Isn't immaturity fun?

P.S. Banned.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭Brimmy

I thought failing more than 4 modules over the combined 2 semesters meant you had the joy of repeating the whole year? Seriously though how do you manage to f*ck up that much in your first semester? :confused:

Advertisement