Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IP spoofing?

Options
  • 02-01-2008 1:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭

Hi there,

Not sure if I'm asking in the right place but here goes..

I frequently travel between Ireland and the UK. There are certain websites which I access in the UK, but they are unavailable to non-UK IP address. So, when using my laptop here in Ireland, I can't access these sites.

I used to use a tool that spoofed my IP address to any from a list of selectable countries, for this very purpose. Problem is, I can't remember what it was!

Has anybody any ideas? Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,956 ✭✭✭layke

Why not just use a UK Proxy server? The web has loads of free open ones that you can use? Just make sure you don't enter any info that could be stolen you never know who is looking.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭Kotek Besar

layke wrote: »
    Why not just use a UK Proxy server? The web has loads of free open ones that you can use? Just make sure you don't enter any info that could be stolen you never know who is looking.

Cheers. I think that's what I did before.. but can't remember how :(

Advertisement