Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

allowance interview

• 02-01-2008 1:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭

Havee interview for Job seekers allowance.

what's cut off for money you have in your back account. to get allowance.

I have decent amount in my account and I have to bring bank details- however I have absolutely no other assets as in car house etc- and I have no other savings anywhere- so I think my relatively healthy balance does not give a clear position of my financial state?

any advice or previous experience when it comes to this.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,556 ✭✭✭Nolanger

You are allowed €20,000 savings - anything above this will affect your Allowance payment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭Mrs. MacGyver

The first 20,ooo is not counted, the next 10,000 is assessed at a euro per 1,000 (= E10), the next E10,000 is at E2 per 1,000 ( = E20) and the balance is assessed at E4 per E1,000. If your means (i.e. the answer you get from working out this formula on your savings) works out at equal to or over the rate of payment you are entitled to e.g. for a single person its E197.80 then you will not be entitled to Jobseeker's allowance or Farm Assist.

Advertisement