Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Favourite wrestler?

• 02-01-2008 1:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭

Who is your favourite all time wrestler?

I have to say mine is HHH (Heel or Face). Met him personally on my 30th birthday when he flew into Glasgow. Have been a fan of his since he joined WWF at that time but now WWE.

It made my day and was a lovely surprise from my friends.
    I have a pic of him too that i will cherish.
    HHH.jpg

So who's yours????

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭Roaster

Has to be The Rock. Very underrated IMO with regards to his wrestling skills and I don't think anyone can touch his mic skills (Michaels comes a close 2nd)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭wibblebee

What has happened to the Rock??? He was acting but whats he doing now? Does anyone know?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Hes still acting although he is doing more Kiddie stuff and working with Disney/the Disney Channel a good bit

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 888 ✭✭✭Kanney

Besides the obvious big names like Rock/HBk/HHH/Austin. Here i go.
    Right now: Kennedy.
    Back then: Road Dogg. Loved that guy.
    Way back then: Bret Hitman.

But if there was anyone I would like to meet, Mick Foley.
    My friend got his Autograph in WWE New York when it was open and said he was a genuine down to earth guy. Loved his book too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 442 ✭✭seanironmaiden

X-Pac

*hides behind sofa*

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 474 ✭✭john concannon

Sabu because your always guaranteed one botched high spot per match.
    He was an innovator of moves too.Definetly won't be in any hall of fame except my personal hof.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 801 ✭✭✭Nature Boy

Probably a tie between Ric Flair and Shawn Michaels.

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭HorseRadish

Then : Bret

Now : Santino :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

Kanney wrote: »
    But if there was anyone I would like to meet, Mick Foley.My friend got his Autograph in WWE New York when it was open and said he was a genuine down to earth guy. Loved his book too.

Just to make you jealous. Me with Mick Foley.
    http://s215.photobucket.com/albums/cc186/garrettkidney/?action=view&current=GarrettWiththeHardcoreLegend.jpg

Mick Foley, HBK or AJ Styles.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 907 ✭✭✭AlphaMale 3OO

The Undertaker!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 937 ✭✭✭michael.etc...

Of all time? I'd have to say, Curt Hennig.

Though Bret Hart, Shawn Michaels, Randy Savage, Kenta Kobashi and Dynamite Kid, all come close, with possibly Bryan Danielson or Kurt Angle as eventual contenders.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

The Stinger! Bret Hart and Undertaker would be in there too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Right now? Edge, no better heel in the business imo

of all time? Shawn Michaels without a doubt,forget your Flairs,Harts and Angles, HBK is THE greatest in ring performer in the history of the WWE

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,177 ✭✭✭Wompa1

I love wrestling but have never really cared about meeting the wrestlers..they play characters...met a good few at Wrestlemania..the one I would of most wanted to see if any would of been Mick Foley cus I heard he was very down to Earth and he was

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭HorseRadish

Wompa1 wrote: »
    I love wrestling but have never really cared about meeting the wrestlers..they play characters...met a good few at Wrestlemania..the one I would of most wanted to see if any would of been Mick Foley cus I heard he was very down to Earth and he was

What Wrestlemania bud?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭Tricity Bendix

There is no way I could single out one wrestler. I've been a wrestling fan since I was quite young, so the wrestlers that I took to when I was little I've tended to always have a soft spot for. I would never say that Jake Roberts, Randy Savage, or Ultimate Warrior were the best of all time, but It was those guys who got me watching and buying merchandise. I hated Ric Flair when I was little, but I think that was because I always wanted him to lose, which means he did a very good job.

I got back into wrestling eightish years ago. I was still quite young so I was impressed with guys like Kane, Cactus Jack, Chris Jericho and the Hardys. With the wisdom that comes with age I now judge all the above quite harshly, but they got me interested in the first place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭The Arbiter

Bret Hart the best there is,the best there was ,the best there ever will be.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Bret Hart the best there is,the best there was ,the best there ever will be.

have to disagree with this, he was great no doubt but his matches were always practically the same with the same moveset in the same order,and he has the biggest case of hero worship for himself in wrestling history

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

Now-probably AJ Styles or HHH(as a heel that is)
    Then-Austin or Taker
    When I started watching first-Sting or Vader

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,287 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Now Edge and Y2J

Before that it was the Hitman

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭Cactus Col

My favourites of the past have been Big Bossman, X-Pac, Mr Perfect, and Mick Foley (Mankind)

At the moment, Edge, MVP, and Matt Hardy.

Wasn't a Matt Hardy fan at all until this year, but he has stepped up a notch, had a great feud with MVP, and has being pretty consistent in the ring. My only worry is getting too many wins from out of nowhere, after spending most of the match being beaten down.

Edge is a very entertaining heel, who can work pretty well in the ring.

MVP is improving all the time, and I think will be a top performer in a few years. Very entertaining also.

If not this year, then maybe 2009, but I fully expect to see Edge V Matt Hardy headline a wrestlemania.

(also Finlay, he's just great)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭MikeHoncho

All time: Benoit
    Now: Edge

• Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭Prufrock

Heel HHH. Always entertained me.

But HBK comes close due to his incredible in ring performances at big time events. Hell any event.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

Hmmm. So many to choose from. I really couldn't say who my favourite wrestler of all time is.*

At the moment, it is definitely HBK (see RAW from last Monday (31st) and the performance against Kennedy for reference), with HHH (Anyone who is good as a heel and a face deserves respect, despite who they are married to) and Flair for his ability to still put on a great show.
    I'd like to throw in an honourable mention for Matt Hardy and am glad to see him getting a push (even if he, like the guy he sometimes emulates, will never hold a world title).

In the past, Jake Roberts (like b.ie polar mentioned above) had me interested.

I've never been one for the muscle bound freaks (you hear that, Steiner?) and Jake was never one of those. He went into the ring and did his thing without having to flex any muscles. Much like Murdoch does today.

Macho man was another one who I watched when I was a teenager and one who I liked.

I always was one to cheer for the underdog, so Hogan, Bret et al never really interested me.

/me flicks a toothpick at those who don't know who my favourite wrestler of all time is at this stage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 868 ✭✭✭tdv

HBK
    Austin
    Money INC
    Foley
    Flair
    Bulldog
    Bret
    LOD
    Papa Shango

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭joepenguin

Let Me Tell Ya Somethin Brothers...:d

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,177 ✭✭✭Wompa1

What Wrestlemania bud?

Wrestlemania XX .... the death / career ender mania! Brock, Goldberg, The Rock, Guerrero and Benoit

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Flair, Misawa, Kobashi, Kawada, Liger, Eddie Guerrero, Chris Benoit, Dynamite Kid, HBK, Randy Savage, Stan Hansen, Terry Funk.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 714 ✭✭✭justfortherecor

Stone Cold Steve Austin.

Any time I hear the glass smash, no other wrestler gets me as pumped up! Great crowd interaction as well.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Stone Cold Steve Austin.

Any time I hear the glass smash, no other wrestler gets me as pumped up! Great crowd interaction as well.

That is what I miss also, in the middle of a McMahon rant normally. No one stands up to the McMahons anymore. :/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,358 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

best ever? the rock

as we all know, nobody could talk 'smack' like him and his in-ring performances are severely underrated. no one performer made me want to watch wrestling more

flair is an oh so close second

best now? HBK

nobody outperforms him, nobody puts people over like him, nobody brings out the best in others like him. everything he does, i believe

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭kyp_durron

Grand Master Sexeh by a country mile. No one will ever come close to being as good, he always had the crowd in the palm of his hand and was twice the worker that Shawn or Bret ever were. Much better mic skills then the Rock too, it was fair to say he was the total package and it's because he isn't in WWE anymore that wrestling is in the state it's in tbpfh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭Y2J_MUFC

Chris Jericho...

Honourable mentions: X-Pac, Stone Cold, The Rock, HHH, Sting, Road Dogg (DX days), Matt Hardy V1

Advertisement