Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

nissan almera how much is it worth

Options
  • 02-01-2008 2:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭

hi i am just wondering how much is my nissan almera worth if i sell it...it is a 1.4 saloon, 146k miles, cd player, central locking, e/w...there are a few bits to be done with it i.e clutch and not sure what else just wondering if anyone would know how much it would be worth roughly...nct is until july this year and it is taxed until end of feb thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,240 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

What year is it?

With that kind of mileage I would say you are not looking at alot to be honest. People tend to run away from high mileage cars.

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭memeandmark

it is a 1998 :) almost forgot to mention that...it has 146000 miles on it

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,501 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Whats the general condition of it?

Being honest, with that amount of mileage its going to eat into the price. I would say anywhere between 2k -4k dependant on quality and thats being very generous..

its in very good condition a few bits to do with it tho...clutch is squeeky, suspension needs a check,gear box a bit sticky at times..have it 1 and half yrs we paid 2800 for it...never gave any trouble

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

I think 4k is very unlikely. €2k I'd say

• Advertisement

cheers colm_mc...but even with those bits to do???

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

that's presuming everything's working and it doesn't need work done

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭JHMEG

Maybe 2k on a trade in. Most likely 1k private, maybe less.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭Cionád

My 98 almera has 146k miles on the clock too!! :eek:
    Mines a diesel, from looking at carzone etc id say its worth about 2k. If work needs to be done on yours though you wouldn't be so lucky.

I saw a 96 diesel on carzone a while back with 285k miles on it, so theres life left in her yet!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 65,401 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

antodeco wrote: »
    I would say anywhere between 2k -4k dependant on quality and thats being very generous..

You're more generous than Santa Himself :D
    JHMEG wrote: »
    Most likely 1k private, maybe less.

I'd have thought something like that too. As is a grand and with all issues sorted maybe €1.5k in a private sale

Unless it has a fully documented service history. That would add a bit to the value and would make it a lot easier to sell...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,501 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Santa was mean to me this Christmas, so I thought Id take his place!! :D

My mate sold his 98 almera for 3.5k in october. I know another lad who sold a 97 (i think) for 2900. Yes they didnt have as much mileage, but as they are 1.4, they are kind of sort after. Im assuming its the n15 model, which alot of young lads go after. Easier to modify aswell. Unfortnatley the market is flooded with newer models. I rekon you could sell it for 3k to someone (albeit mean to!!) but as others have said, it will be closer to 2k.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭JHMEG

unkel wrote: »
    I'd have thought something like that too. As is a grand and with all issues sorted maybe €1.5k in a private sale
    Yeah. I sold my '91 Integra, 138K miles, for €1,700 (1,500 more than I paid:D, tho in fairness I put a lot of work into it) , and that was with the very-much-in-demand B16A engine which has been known to be worth more than an entire 7-series!:eek: :D

Advertisement