Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gyms

Options
  • 02-01-2008 2:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭

Hi All,

Just wondering is there any good gyms in the Co Laois area, im currently living in Mountrath and was wondering

1) Where is the closest gym for myself Portlaoise or is there any such gyms in Mountrath been such a small town I would think not?

2) Any ideas of prices etc?

Thanks for your help

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭jessconr

portlaoise is your best bet. there's no gym in mountrath as far as i no.

If your looking for a gym for fitness & swimming The Heritage in Portlaoise is very good.

If you looking for a gym for weight lifting then i suggest Freedom Gym on the Dublin Road, Portlaoise

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭Mountrath

Thanks any ideas on prices for the fitness and swimming?

Thanks any ideas on prices for the fitness and swimming?

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭moose112

there are four gyms with pools in portlaoise
    heritage
    The killeshin
    The midway
    new community gym

you will expect to pay anything between €400 and €600

Thanks Moose

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭jessconr

The heritage is priced at €700 or an initial payment of €130 & €60 direct debt every month

The freedom gym is priced at €350-€400 per year

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭Roaster

Anyone know what the redeveloped swimming pool in Portarlington (now a leisure centre)is like. I'm interested in joining but not if it's crap.

• Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭ChuckProphet

Roaster wrote: »
    Anyone know what the redeveloped swimming pool in Portarlington (now a leisure centre)is like. I'm interested in joining but not if it's crap.

would recommend it tho i'd get a copy of the timetable for the pool first and see does it suit you. the only problem i have are the communal showers :eek:
    don't see why they couldn't have split them into M/F at the very least.
    haven't used the gym yet but will be from this weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 12 miracleman89

any one know how much the midway is??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

I'm not sure, but I don't think it's too dear.
    I use it myself and I love it, it never seems to be busy either so you have a grand go at the equipment the majority of the time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12 miracleman89

that seems grand enough is there much in the gym??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

that seems grand enough is there much in the gym??

7/8 treadmills, 4 cross trainers, 4 bikes, 2 rowing machines, floor equipment(mats and such), dumbbells, weighted crunches, barbell, then a good few arm/leg exercising equipment(pec decks and such).

Good pool as well with a jacuzzi, sauna and steam room.

Advertisement