Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fingal - RAS Scheme

Options
  • 02-01-2008 2:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Hi,
    Is anyone out there renting a house to Fingal Co. Co - the RAS Schema.
    Would be interested in hearing any thoughts on the schema.

In light of the crappy selling conditions we are thinking of renting.

B

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭jdivision

Do you qualify for this: The Council will enjoy exclusive nomination rights to the property to provide accommodation to those who have been in receipt of Rent Supplement for at least 18 months and who have a real, long term housing need which they cannot meet from their own resources. If you already own or were looking to buy a place (not clear from your post) you probably don't
    http://www.fingalcoco.ie/Housing/RentalAccommodationScheme/

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

bubby wrote: »
    Is anyone out there renting a house to Fingal Co. Co - the RAS Schema.

Hi, read the post ... I want to rent my house not rent a house.
    Is anyone else renting their house to Fingal co. co under this schema?
    What was your experience?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

My gf was looking in to this too. But it turned out that the people currently renting her house didn't qualify to rent under it, so she pulled out.

Some bits you really need to consider - you have NO say in who Fingal put in to your house. You are still responsible for the house. The only way you can pull out of the scheme is by either putting your house up for sale, or by moving in to it yourself.

In many ways, it does secure your payments for 5 years, but on the other hand, you have very little control.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭jdivision

bubby wrote: »
    Hi, read the post ... I want to rent my house not rent a house.

I did. It says you're thinking of renting, not renting it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

:) You are right .. its one of those double meaning posts.

• Advertisement
Advertisement