Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Actim index so far

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

PHB wrote: »

why post the exact same link? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,608 ✭✭✭Spud83

Never put much faith in that. I dont think it gives a real reflection on performance of players. Wes Brown is number 23 for gods sake, when obviously Evra has been much better for Man Utd.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,067 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

They are an absolute joke if you ask me. Even if I take off my Merseyside tinted shades they are awful. Ronaldo at number 9 ? Lampard at 5 ?

Now I'll put my Liver-shades back on. Torres not in the top 20 ?

Wouldn't pay any attention to them.

if the statto thingy that takes every bit of info into account doesnt give an accurate reflection then what does!!!! look into it more, im sure you'll spot the reason why brown is there and evra isnt ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,908 ✭✭✭Daysha

Never put much faith in that. I dont think it gives a real reflection on performance of players. Wes Brown is number 23 for gods sake, when obviously Evra has been much better for Man Utd.

+1
    Everyone watching the Premier League this year should know that Ronaldo has been better than Lampard and Agbonlahor

deise59 wrote: »
    +1
    Everyone watching the Premier League this year should know that Ronaldo has been better than Lampard and Agbonlahor

Benjani Mwaruwari clearly pwns Ronaldo.

he hasnt contributed many assists, and his back tracking isnt very good, like i said everything is included, not just flair, i dont pretend i agree with everything on it but i dont think you can argue with many of the choices if you really study it, look at the reasoning behind it

kryogen wrote: »
    he hasnt contributed many assists, and his back tracking isnt very good, like i said everything is included, not just flair, i dont pretend i agree with everything on it but i dont think you can argue with many of the choices if you really study it, look at the reasoning behind it

Of course you can argue with the choices. Its not an accurate way of judging how good a player is. If you cant see that then theres no hope for you. Patrice Evra is number 51 on the list & Vidic is number 53. Im using Utd players here to make a point as I know you are a utd fan.

[edit] Rooney is number 65.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,822 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

Three Villa players in the top 20. Yeow.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,608 ✭✭✭Spud83

But it doesn't seem to take everything into account. I cant see any stats for tackles made (only about fouls), passes attempted, passes completed, ground covered, etc.

Tusky wrote: »
    Of course you can argue with the choices. Its not an accurate way of judging how good a player is. If you cant see that then theres no hope for you. Patrice Evra is number 51 on the list & Vidic is number 53. Im using Utd players here to make a point as I know you are a utd fan.

[edit] Rooney is number 65.

lol i didnt pay it that much attention tbh, i just wanted to big up mr tevez at some ungodly hour this morning! but hey, there must be some reasoning behind it, they have to get the stats from somewhere, and although some peoples opinions on players will differ, and like i said, having read the full list, i dont agree with everything there, its statistical, it doesnt leave any room for opinion or for any grey area, its black and white and it is a true representation in that sense..... like i said, just wanna big up carlos!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,915 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

these are the same stats that pool fans were using last year to show how good their trophyless team was. Finnan I think was doing well that year at right back. Gotta take the rough with the smooth.

astrofool wrote: »
    these are the same stats that pool fans were using last year to show how good their trophyless team was. Finnan I think was doing well that year at right back. Gotta take the rough with the smooth.

fair point too actually

lol i didnt pay it that much attention tbh, i just wanted to big up mr tevez at some ungodly hour this morning!

you posted it at 13:50.

no i posted it originally at about 4 am, did u not receive my angry pm about a mod deleting my post? im pretty sure i just had some correspondance with you about that, but well done, nit picking will descend into flaming as usual

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

its statistical, it doesnt leave any room for opinion or for any grey area, its black and white and it is a true representation in that sense..... like i said, just wanna big up carlos!!!!!

Two others stats that put things in perspective:

Leading PL goalscorers:

1 Cristiano Ronaldo Man Utd 13
    2 Emmanuel Adebayor Arsenal 12
    3 Nicolas Anelka Bolton 10
    4 Robbie Keane Tottenham 10
    5 Roque Santa Cruz Blackburn 10
    6 Benjani Mwaruwari Portsmouth 9
    7 Fernando Torres Liverpool 9
    8 Ayegbeni Yakubu Everton 9
    9 Dimitar Berbatov Tottenham 8
    10 Dave Kitson Reading 8
    11 Carlos Tevez Man Utd 8

League table:

Team P W D L F A GD PTS
    1 Arsenal 21 15 5 1 42 16 26 50
    2 Man Utd 21 15 3 3 38 11 27 48

I wonder which of the three stats means the least to Tevez and his manager?

;)

• Registered Users Posts: 848 ✭✭✭Muff_Daddy

ground covered, etc.

Ah, that explains Benjani 3rd then. That guy could score 40 goals in a season and I still wouldn't rate him. Just something about him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭Savman

Cloughie must be spinning in his grave.
    "Players lose you games, not tactics. There's so much crap talked about tactics by people who barely know how to win at dominoes"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

Muff_Daddy wrote: »
    Ah, that explains Benjani 3rd then. That guy could score 40 goals in a season and I still wouldn't rate him. Just something about him.

He covers a lot of ground, holds the ball up and beats players. In fact, the only thing his game lacks is consistent goalscoring.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

But it doesn't seem to take everything into account. I cant see any stats for tackles made (only about fouls), passes attempted, passes completed, ground covered, etc.
    Of course it takes all those factors into account. It's supposed to measure how effective each player is. You can be sure absolutely everything that can be measured is part of this formula. Whether it's accurate is another matter but it's not something just put together in a few hours.

Advertisement