Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

trying to rent out a room

Options
  • 02-01-2008 3:32pm
    Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭

I am trying to rent out a room in my house (my current lodger is moving out after buying a house)

I am not having much luck on Daft, it there anywhere else i could try?

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6 beattie

Is it in Dublin? Have you reduced your asking price. There is evidence now that rents are easing so maybe you are charging too much.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 890 ✭✭✭patrickolee

lol, u don't know where her house is, how much she is charging and its first I've heard about rents falling for over 3 years. Irishbird, give it a couple of weeks, probably wouldn't be too many people looking to get a place this close to christmas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,807 ✭✭✭chump

lol, u don't know where her house is, how much she is charging and its first I've heard about rents falling for over 3 years. Irishbird, give it a couple of weeks, probably wouldn't be too many people looking to get a place this close to christmas.

LOL, the exact same issues you have criticised are the same faults in your own post.
    The number one issue to look at when property isn't selling or renting is the price being asked. I think it is fairly safe to raise this question.

The second issue is yes, some might say rents have indeed retreated
    some anecdotal evidence,
    http://www.thepropertypin.com/viewforum.php?f=26
    http://www.thepropertypin.com/viewtopic.php?t=5339&highlight=cso+rent

Now after you read those threads, will you still say "first I've heard about rents falling for over 3 years"?

• Registered Users Posts: 6 beattie

So I take it you don't think there will be any easing of rental prices in the future?

What do you make of the dramatic increase in inventory over the past three months, would you not think this will have any bearing on what level of rents the market will support?

http://daftwatch.atspace.com/

I was trying to offer the OP some advice on a possible step which may yield in the room being let. I seem to recall many bullish people giving the same sort of advice you gave to people trying to sell their properties over a year ago. Unfortunately people who followed it were not rewarded.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 508 ✭✭✭SW81

Where in Dublin is it Irishbird? I'm looking to rent a room in North Dublin.

• Advertisement
Advertisement