Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ideas for getting a hydration pack attached to a vest

Options
  • 02-01-2008 3:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭

Hey guys,

bit of an unusual question here, rather than the normal 'my AEG is broken' issue. I'm looking at getting one of these Guarder SOG vests. However, it would appear there is no immediate means of attaching a hydration pack, if you look at the back picture.

And here-in lies the challenge.

I could probably just get a hydration pack with shoulder straps, but if I can help it I'd like to try and sort out a one-piece unit. Any ideas?

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

Take out the bladder and stuff it in to the larger util pouch. That or most hydration packs have D rings in each corner, get some cable ties and Roberts your mothers brother.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

I have an uncle called Robert? :eek:

Cheers Rew :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Puding

Apart from getting needle and thread out and rigging some connections you could always use a camelbak type thing something like this http://www.hydrationpacks.com/inc/sdetail/816 just sling it on and you can always leave it off if you do not need it. Another option which might fit in more with the vest you have is this http://www.rangerjoes.com/canteen-straw-hydration-system-p-257.html its not really in line with what you said in your post but i like this system with this type of vest or webbing systems.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

Lemming wrote: »
    I have an uncle called Robert? :eek:

He prefers to be called Bob though :D

I have a bladder in my PLCE for tactics with the tube wrapped in electrical tape to protect it. Tube gets routed up over the shoulder and then fixed in place there. Works great except when your crawling in pure filth and then you go to take a drink and the mouth piece is covered in ****... Also if the mouth picec gets caught on somthing it can pop off and water pisses out all over you but what can you do! :p

Advertisement