Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New swimming pool near Charlesland...

Options
  • 02-01-2008 3:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 452 ✭✭

Have to be careful about what I say here...
    I'm looking forward to it opening...I belive there is one opening in Bray also, which is good for a number of reasons, least it wont be so crowded in there then..
    Which brings me on to, Does anyone know when its due to open...? It seams to be flying up now....

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 168 ✭✭girliegirl

I heard through the grapevine that it's scheduled to open in October this year, which will be fantastic!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 452 ✭✭Welsh Wizard

October.. Excellent...!!
    Thanx Girlie..:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭damianmckeever

Yeah they seem to be flying through it which is fantastic. One of the guys who works there dropped into the shop and said they have offically changed the completion date until October but reckons they will actually be finished before then. They will get it offically opened by one of the politicians who can be holidaying anytime from june to September.

A bit like the track in Charlesland was finished for ages but they couldn't "Offically open" it until a couple of months later. Although Jumping over the fence and running the track wasn't a problem I'd imagine security at the swimming pool would be a bit better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 cgunners

Is that what the big new building is by the roundabout between Greystones and Charleslands? Or is it somewhere else?

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭MegFi

cgunners wrote: »
    Is that what the big new building is by the roundabout between Greystones and Charleslands? Or is it somewhere else?
    That's the one!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭tomflynn

The new building under construction at Mill Road roundabout comprises not only a new swimming pool but also a multi-use community centre including 2 indoor basketball courts (or 8 badminton courts), gym, meeting rooms for community groups and a coffee dock. Together with the pool, it will be one of the biggest indoor community complexes in the country. Will be very impressive when it opens.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 380 ✭✭future_plans

Impressive alright. Does anybody have plans or drawings of the finished centre that they can post here?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭dubrunner

Yeah they seem to be flying through it which is fantastic. One of the guys who works there dropped into the shop and said they have offically changed the completion date until October but reckons they will actually be finished before then. They will get it offically opened by one of the politicians who can be holidaying anytime from june to September.

A bit like the track in Charlesland was finished for ages but they couldn't "Offically open" it until a couple of months later. Although Jumping over the fence and running the track wasn't a problem I'd imagine security at the swimming pool would be a bit better.

I'm sure security would be better in a public pool when compared to an unmanned athletics track (before it opened)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭ian_m

Can't imagine it's much fun running around an empty swimming pool.
    :D

Advertisement