Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Carvery in the city

Options
  • 02-01-2008 4:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭

Can anyone recommend some place that does nice carvery in the D4/D2 (Ideally close to Ringsend) ? Cant seem to find any around.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,618 ✭✭✭Ideo

The Shelbourne inn on Shelbourne Road? The Beggars Bush?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭irishguy

Really both of them? Do you know if they do food on the weekends?

I'm pretty sure the Shelbourne Inn does, give them a ring. There's a few Pubs on Haddington Road so give them a call, you'll get a quicker answer!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 watchinpaintdry

O'Neills on Suffolk St. is fairly well-known for theirs but last time I went it was dissappointing. The service and portions left a lot to be desired.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭Boardsbud

Reading this thread I was about to reccomend O' Neills. Havent been in there for about a year though. Shame the service is gone down, food was great in there.

• Advertisement

Oh if your going that far into town then head into the duke pub on duke street. great cavery in there! mmmmmmmmmm.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭ian_m

O' Neills sprang to mind for me too. Lovely food and big portions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 463 ✭✭JoeSchmoe

Mojo's on middle abbey st is an undiscovered gem of a place, it's close to spirit and traffic, great grub, cheap prices, huge portions and very friendly service, plus the beer is real cheap, 3.40 a pint all the time!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭ian_m

JoeSchmoe wrote: »
    Mojo's on middle abbey st is an undiscovered gem of a place, it's close to spirit and traffic, great grub, cheap prices, huge portions and very friendly service, plus the beer is real cheap, 3.40 a pint all the time!!!

Nice. How much is a plate of food?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Oslo in Connolly Station is truely the king of carvery lunches.
    Plus there are loads of options off the menu too.
    Big servings (if that's what you want) and reasonable prices. Top place!

Not that far from Ringsend I suppose, closer than Abbey St

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

It's been a few years since I've had carvery in town, but McTurcaills on Tara St. did a good carvery.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 463 ✭✭JoeSchmoe

ian_m wrote: »
    Nice. How much is a plate of food?

most things under a tenner, there's a full menu

• Registered Users Posts: 3,742 ✭✭✭blackbelt

I can't think of what street it is on but The Old Stand pub do a lovely carvery.They are just around the corner from Suffolk Street where O Neills is.O Neills carvery was suggested to me to but I haven't tried it yet TBH.

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭Dick Turnip

The 51 on Haddington rd. do carvery, not sure about weekends though, same with the gasworks on grand canal st.
    O'neills on suffolk st is a good one though, they serve until 9 or 10pm i think.but sometimes it can be hard to get a table - can get very busy

• Registered Users Posts: 956 ✭✭✭internelligent

I will say avoid The Barge at the Canal for the carvery. I don't frequent the place but I had a carvery there about 3 weeks ago and thought the food was awful, (and I liked the food in my old boarding school:eek:). The meat was incredibly dry, potatoes were lumpy and the vegetables were waaaaaaaay overdone:mad:. Must check out that place on Abbey street.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭Monkey61

Synotts pub underneath the Stephens Green centre does an amazing carvery.Absolutely huge portions and lovely food.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,578 ✭✭✭raheny red

Monkey61 wrote: »
    Synotts pub underneath the Stephens Green centre does an amazing carvery.Absolutely huge portions and lovely food.

+1

Advertisement