Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Will I Fail?

Options
  • 02-01-2008 4:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

The xmas holidays have gone so fast and im starting to stress over the leaving cert. see the thing is ive done nothing at all since 5th yr, tomorrow never comes, my mission for xmas was get organised but i came down with a flu and that went out the window, my pres are in feb jus after the mid term and i honestly cant see myself studying, let alone do my homework. now the thing is i actually am smart but jus not interested, i go to night college 2 nights a wk doin a FETAC level 5 course and thats where my interest lies, any tips on how to get a quick fix for a pass?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,382 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

go and make a study plan and do some work this afternoon instead of spending time on internet forums talking about it.

personally i think doing a fetac course at the same time as your leaving cert is madness.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭eoins2345

Well first of all u have to start doing your homework and doing it well!apparently its the best form of study.Ok your mocks are in a few weeks.It doesnt seem like ur goin to do exceptionally well if you havent been doing anything.Just start doing an hour and a half of study and night as well as your homework and ul be finished by like 7 so u can go our or relax.Do some at the weekend as well.No point in waking up at like 7.The brain is at itrs best at 11-1 so do 2 hours on saturday and sunday.Just go over ur weaker subjects more to balance it out with your strong subjects!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 Beatrice

Do not get stressed out about the mocks..Im the biggest worrier in the world..i throw a wobbly b4 every single exam...However I have learnt now tat to achieve the best results you have to have confidence in yourself and think positively...And remember tat the mocks is only a trial...you will do so much better in the actual exams :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭regob

obviously you have no motivation so leave school, sticking in school and doing no work = wasting your time,

If you are actually "smart" like you say you are.

Pick up a god damn book and prove it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6 bam-bam

had a long chat about it this evening and im going to do after school study which is 2 hours supervised, hopefully another hour after my dinner then (fingers crosses) i dont think stayin in school is a waste of time because i feel at least i will have the leaving cert done, regardless of marks. to the person who said "pick up a book and prove it" intellectual ability goes along way past academics and school side of things. i love my fetac course, ive done 6 fetac modules and been awarded 6 distinctions, i think its purely down to interest with me? or is that just an excuse?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

It's just an excuse.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭regob

JC 2K3 wrote: »
    It's just an excuse.

agree, [donig five/six years in school and not actually getting your lc, pointless]

regob wrote: »
    agree, [donig five/six years in school and not actually getting your lc, pointless]

I'm sorry now but I never said i wasnt gettin my lc :confused:, the whole point is i want to get it done? read OP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

If you want to get it done then surely that's an expression of interest and renders the "I guess I just have no interest" excuse invalid.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

bam-bam well done for getting out there and doing the fetac course along side your school work.
    The LC is not a good test of intellect more of endurance but, you need to get through it too.
    There are only a few months left,try your best even if it is only turning up for classes and paying attention there,make the effort to get involved in class.
    If there are any subjects that you really enjoy then now is the time to go to the library and read other books relating to them.
    Don't stress yourself out over it too much but do make the concious effort to do a little more every day.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,664 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

You've 5 months left, easier said than done but get the head down and work for them and you are sorted for life.

I think this is purely an excuse..

for lazyness.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,179 ✭✭✭FunkZ

You have five full months, you can easily pass. FFS you could not bother studying for anothe month or two till after the mocks and still grab a pass...

But you should start now. And read over study tips and the like first to help you.

Best of luck.

Thanks a million everyone, back to school now monday, fingers crossed i'll settle down. :)

Advertisement