Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cracked inner barrel

Options
  • 02-01-2008 5:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭

Ordered a 6.04 inner barrel from RSOV and it arrived today with a 30mm crack on the outside no sign of crack on inside although it hard to see inside. Is it still usable or should I just throw it out? Thanks.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

maybe try putting a torch on one end and covering the other. then turn out the lights and look for light comming through the barrell.,

• Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Puding

I would say if it has a crack even if it is not all the way thought the barrel is more than likely deformed and even a small amount will cause jams. I would get in contact with keith he is normal very good on this front explain the problem and defect maybe even email a pic and he will normal replace the item.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kdouglas

out of curiousity, what make is the barrel?

• Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭cpb

The make is Element and have emailed keith but I cant get a clear enough picture to sent him

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Thats weird, I would have thought barrels would bend, not crack, unless it was during manufacturing...cooled unevenly. Anyhows keith is very helpfull so it shouldn't be a problem.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

it could be must a mark left from manufacturing. I cant see brass cracking and especially not cracking all the way through.,

Advertisement