Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Exchange 2003

• 02-01-2008 5:59pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 203 ✭✭

Hey all and happy new year!!

I have a quick question. I am currently working on a server running SBS 2003 and MS exchange. I would like to setup an email address (say offers@mydomain.ie) and forward it to a number of mailboxes. Whats the best way to do this? I am a little stuck to be honest and would appreciate your help!

Thanks.

John

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 642 ✭✭✭macrubicon

1.Set it up as a group ( a distribution group not a security group ) with the address you want as one of the SMTP E-Mail addresses of the group

2.then make the people you want to recieve mail sent to that address members of that group.

Hope that helps....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 203 ✭✭Johnniep

macrubicon,

Thanks so much for your help! Forgive my ignorance, but how do I setup a group?

Thanks again!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

Also if its a new domain, in an existing domain you would be advised to set up a recipient policy to allow mail to pass through.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 642 ✭✭✭macrubicon

Go to Start -> All Programs -> Administrative Tools -> Active Directory Users and Computers

Figure out which OU ( organisational Unit -/ think of it as a folder ) you want to create the group in and right click on the OU then go New -> group....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

Johnniep wrote: »
    macrubicon,

Thanks so much for your help! Forgive my ignorance, but how do I setup a group?

Thanks again!

If Google doesn't know the answer, you're wasting our time.

If Google does know the answer, you're wasting our time

how to create a distro group

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 203 ✭✭Johnniep

Thanks guys......appreciate the help.

As for google, you also need to know what you are looking for :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 330 ✭✭irishpartyboy

Hi OP, if your going to be administering Windows 2003 Server / Exchange 2003, SBS, it may be in your interest to do some certifications, and / or books.

Setting up Distribution Groups is pretty much as simple as it gets.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

Johnniep wrote: »
    Thanks guys......appreciate the help.

As for google, you also need to know what you are looking for :o

The clue was in his answer... "distribution group" you also had exchange 2003 and SBS 2003 that's all you would of needed ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 164 ✭✭ob

When you log into SBS, the Server Management Console should start. If it doesn't, then go to Start -> Server Management, or Start -> Administrative Tools -> Server Management.

Once in here, under 'Standard Mangement' in the left hand pane, click on 'Distribution Groups'. From here wizards will guide you through everything.

SBS has wizards for every day management tasks, it is aimed at users with limited technical knowledge, it definitely is not in your best interest to have certifications for tasks like this.

Advertisement