Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Mini Service

Options
  • 02-01-2008 6:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭

Just been quoted over the phone by my local mini dealer for an oil change for my car - €250! Sounds steep to me but then its to be expected being out of same stable as a bmw.

Anyway, iv a friend whos a mechanic who will service it for much less but obv the book wont get stamped (would like this as theres a full mini service history with the car to date) still undecided whether it'd be worth my while in the long run to be scabby in the short term...

Just wondered if the on board computer can be reset by anyone other than the Mini Garage as i dont want it screaming for a service that its already had every time i turn the key? This might be a deciding factor...

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,560 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Got to a local garage and not a main dealer. You will have service records from them and it would be far cheaper!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭Bendihorse

But will he be able to reset the computer to show that its had its service?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭niceirishfella

Bendihorse wrote: »
    But will he be able to reset the computer to show that its had its service?

yes, seach on google for bmw mini forums and post your question there. You'll get an answer in no time i's say.
    i'm a bmw owner and service my own car all the time - no hassles. dont be a mug and get ripped off my bmw garages.

Advertisement