Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Damned if you do, damned if you don't....

Options
  • 02-01-2008 6:36pm
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,397 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Don't know if this belongs under 'Conspiracy theories' but it's too bloody stupid to be a conspiracy.

Proof of the evil zionist plot which the Israeli army is guilty of. I'd dearly love to read the full report.

A couple of snips:

http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/124674
    (IsraelNN.com) A research paper that won a Hebrew University teachers' committee prize finds that the lack of IDF rapes of Palestinian women is designed to serve a political purpose.

The abstract of the paper, authored by doctoral candidate Tal Nitzan, notes that the paper shows that "the lack of organized military rape is an alternate way of realizing [particular] political goals."

The next sentence delineates the particular goals that are realized in this manner: "In the Israeli-Palestinian conflict, it can be seen that the lack of military rape merely strengthens the ethnic boundaries and clarifies the inter-ethnic differences - just as organized military rape would have done."

As the chap interviewed by the news site for commentary says:
    "It is noteworthy," Lord concludes, "that Palestinian propaganda around the world frequently accuses Israelis of murder and rape. Such that this situation is unique: An army is found blameworthy of rape, and is also blameworthy of not raping."

I mean, if they're going to be found guilty regardless of if they rape or not rape, why don't they just go ahead and rape anyway? What have they to lose?

Bizarre.

NTM

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

I mean, if they're going to be found guilty regardless of if they rape or not rape
    NTM

You ask why wouldnt they rape is they know they are going to be found guilty?

Simple, same reason you dont rape your dog.. nobody will find out but you just dont do it.. its wrong.

So you ask?.. if i know im going to be found guilty of a crime i didnt commit, should i commit the crime anyway? No.. i know right from wrong.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,397 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manic Moran

Obviously I need to discover the 'satire' smiley...

NTM

• Registered Users Posts: 5,336 ✭✭✭Mr.Micro

An absolute waste of print IMO. A load of nonsense. Has the Israeli academia nothing more worthy to research than this? Is is even suggested in the text that it is a serious research paper. Rape is wrong and normal decent Israeli soldiers do not need a BS paper to analyze why they do or do not rape Palestinians. Bizarre.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,831 ✭✭✭SeanW

My thoughts exactly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭lostexpectation

lol

is there any other example of army who doesn't rape for socials reason, anywhere you look most armies rape people even they think they might be sub-human and diseased

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,809 ✭✭✭edanto

Proof of the evil zionist plot which the Israeli army is guilty of. I'd dearly love to read the full report.

Honestly mate, I don't think that you'd be convinced even if you went to Palestine to talk to people about it.

Damned if you do and damned if you don't?!! That suggests that the paper you linked to (which is bollox) got international media attention, as opposed to being circulated in military circles as a "Oh they give out no matter what we do" eforward.

Here's a picture that's grotesque but is really the only suitable answer to your implication that the Israeli (funded by US Inc) army should not be damned for what they do every day.
    gaza_mother_dead_children.jpe

Comment (and disturbing images) at http://www.thewe.cc/contents/more/archive2004/september/war_2004_september_images_3.html

Here's a picture that's grotesque but is really the only suitable answer to your implication that the Israeli (funded by US Inc) army should not be damned for what they do every day.

Someone has utterly missed the point.

The Army in question could be the Army of Lower Fantasia, and the academic report would be just as questionable. Never before, to my knowledge, has a military (or any other organisation) ever been accused of furthering political goals and ethnic divide by sanctioned not-raping to achieve the same results as sanctioned raping. This basic concept is one which, as you say, is 'bollox' and amusing.

NTM

• Registered Users Posts: 5,336 ✭✭✭Mr.Micro

Manic Moran is there actually a point? Perhaps there is but it is too damned clever for us to grasp:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,809 ✭✭✭edanto

Someone has utterly missed the point.

No mate I just made mine.

Mr.Micro wrote: »
    Manic Moran is there actually a point? Perhaps there is but it is too damned clever for us to grasp:rolleyes:

The intent was to illicit a raised eyebrow and possibly a smile at the apparent ridiculousness (Ridiculity?) of the conclusion proposed by the student's analysis. Presumably the same logic can be used to indicate that Irish peacekeepers in fact exacerbate problems in places of ethnic tension such as Kosovo by not raping the locals.

NTM

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭lostexpectation

nah they pay for their sex

Advertisement