Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Can't play online with free Gold trial?

• 02-01-2008 6:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭

Hey,

Sorry if this has been posted before, but I got a 360 for christmas and i set up a live account using the 1 month gold membership free trial.

However, anytime i search for servers in both GOW and crackdown (the only games I have that can be played online), no servers come up. But yet I can on a private server which my friend sets up and invites me to. All other areas of LIVE seem to work as expected.

Do I need to have a paid Gold account to play online?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

No you should be able to play online now!! Maybe a few servers are down at the minute.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

jonny24ie wrote: »
    No you should be able to play online now!! Maybe a few servers are down at the minute.

That was a quick response :)

I still can't, it's been like this since I got the xbox :confused:. And it couldnt be my connection I dont think as I can play online on ps3 and on the pc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 387 ✭✭hanton12

check the status of your network connection (go to Network blad on your xbox dashboard and test), and make sure the NAT setting is set to open. Sometimes you can be online but cant get into games if the setting is on strict or moderate. Lots of threads here about how to fix it to open.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,895 ✭✭✭grimm2005

i don't have a 360 but engadget have been reporting for the past 2 weeks around that xbox live has been going up and down like mad and theyre trying to fix it but its still not 100% so you may not be the only one with problems:

http://tinyurl.com/2x9rup

also apparently theres rumours about that they will be giving live gold customers a little something as a sorry for all the outages:

http://tinyurl.com/28ubxa

hanton12 wrote: »
    check the status of your network connection (go to Network blad on your xbox dashboard and test), and make sure the NAT setting is set to open. Sometimes you can be online but cant get into games if the setting is on strict or moderate. Lots of threads here about how to fix it to open.

It says that the NAT is set to open, and I still can't find any servers. Everything else in the test passed.
    grimm2005 wrote:
    i don't have a 360 but engadget have been reporting for the past 2 weeks around that xbox live has been going up and down like mad and theyre trying to fix it but its still not 100% so you may not be the only one with problems:

That could be the problem alright, although my mate can play on GOW servers no problem... I wonder will they extend my free trial..

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,017 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

I got a new 360 pro, didnt come with any 1 month trial :P (Although i follwed the registration instructions on card to get it), Also entered one of those 48hour trial keys and it did not last 48hours! I always get a error trying to send a mail thru xbox.com I am not "gold"

Nick

yoyo wrote: »
    I got a new 360 pro, didnt come with any 1 month trial :P (Although i follwed the registration instructions on card to get it), Also entered one of those 48hour trial keys and it did not last 48hours! I always get a error trying to send a mail thru xbox.com I am not "gold"

Nick

you automatically get a free month when you sign up to xbox live. I'd get onto microsoft about it with an email.

hanton12 wrote: »
    you automatically get a free month when you sign up to xbox live. I'd get onto microsoft about it with an email.
    Cheers man, I'll prob just end up getting the 12+1 live deal on ebay for 45 quid, save the hasstle :P Its a pain alrite and i dunno why as you say I didnt get my free trial

Nick

yoyo wrote: »
    Cheers man, I'll prob just end up getting the 12+1 live deal on ebay for 45 quid, save the hasstle :P Its a pain alrite and i dunno why as you say I didnt get my free trial

Nick

I'm not entirely sure if that will work for you tho, someone correct me if I'm wrong here, but as far as I knew, if you already have an account set up with xbox live, then these 12+1 deals wont work. I ended up just buying 2 straight up 12 month cards on ebay for less than €30 each. Check with someone first whther the 12+1 will work for you or not.

Other option is just to start from scratch with a new username.

If it dont work ill use the new username approach :) It says on the ad though "Start or Renew your Account Xbox 360", so I'm guessing it dont matter, someone confirmed this in another of my threads

Nick

• Advertisement

Well for the first time I was able to play some GOW online today. :)

I guess it most have been due to all the LIVE problems or something.

Advertisement