Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xmas exam results

Options
  • 02-01-2008 6:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭

Quick question, when are they out? Oh and are they posted to you or are they put on blackboard??

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

The usually go up on your SIS sometime in Febuary

• Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭redcar

I got results for one of mine, he put them up on BB. Not sure if he meant to do that, but I was happy, one down 5 to go! woohoo!

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭Riveta

FEBUARY?! That's a mightly long time away...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭redcar

Ah its not that long really. Its about second week of the semester if memory serves, so not that bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭dajaffa

*basks in glory of having rough estimates of grades from placement* :P

I'm betting the system will crash within 2 hours of the results going up!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

i think i read somewhere February 4th being mentioned as d-day

I think when the system crashes we should take off all our clothes and light a big fire and do a tribal dance. Return to the old ways before the evils of technology.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭Stepherunie

Hmm I wonder will I actually be given the honour of getting my exam results from SIS Web in February like modularised students.

It's the thing that annoys me most about transitional modularisation, I take modules, earn credits, i'm forced to sit exams at christmas yet they refused last year to give us exam results through SIS web as we were transitionally modularised.

Basically the year heads had to bang their heads together to be allowed put them online and from I was told wanted to only put them in the programme offices - not so handy for those on erasmus who basically would have had to wait 3 months to get results.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭sitstill

I read in the Observer a while back that the results are out on Feb 4th. They are available through SIS.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

When will the results be out.Does anyone know.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭Shazbot

drdre wrote: »
    When will the results be out.Does anyone know.

Did you even read the other posts?

4th February was mentioned more than once and others have said the second week of the semester. Last year it was out on the 1st February

• Registered Users Posts: 4,885 ✭✭✭Stabshauptmann

You shouldnt even answer him. Seriously DrDre every post Ive ever read of yours on here is either asking for advise on repeats or asking questions that have been answered in the previous post.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 388 ✭✭Blut

You should try reading some of his Motors forums posts, he has apparently got 10 penalty points or so from a healthy combination of speeding and doing donuts in carparks.

It was the start of Feb last year for results from what I remember so itll prob be the same this year too.

Shazbot wrote: »
    Did you even read the other posts?

4th February was mentioned more than once and others have said the second week of the semester. Last year it was out on the 1st February

I did read 4th Feb but i thought i would confirm as i thought last year they were out in Jan.

You shouldnt even answer him. Seriously DrDre every post Ive ever read of yours on here is either asking for advise on repeats or asking questions that have been answered in the previous post.
    Calm down, You don't need to reply yo my posts

Blut wrote: »
    You should try reading some of his Motors forums posts, he has apparently got 10 penalty points or so from a healthy combination of speeding and doing donuts in carparks.

It was the start of Feb last year for results from what I remember so itll prob be the same this year too.
    How on earth can anyone be that stupid?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Pride Fighter

drdre wrote: »
    I did read 4th Feb but i thought i would confirm as i thought last year they were out in Jan.

It was January the 29th last year, I remember it like yesterday.

Thanks you proved my point :)

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭Shazbot

No it was the 1st February last year. I remember because it's the same day as my birthday.

Your memory isn't that great. So drdre, no point proved.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭dajaffa

Shazbot wrote: »
    No it was the 1st February last year. I remember because it's the same day as my birthday.

Your memory isn't that great. So drdre, no point proved.

Ahh but there was the leaking extraveganzia a few days before that so some ppl got them early.

• Advertisement

It depends on your college people, results for all students did not become available on the same day last year

• Closed Accounts Posts: 634 ✭✭✭nomorebadtown

Hi, 3rd year arts student here. When, does anyone know, are we going to get our results for semester 1?

thanks.

The answer is on this thread

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭MatthewVII

The St. Vincent's Res Year results, according to the co-ordinator, are tabulated and at UCD. However, for some reason, she won't just give them to us, we have to e-mail or phone her tomorrow morning if we want to know what we got.

Annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭Vorsprung

MatthewVII wrote: »
    The St. Vincent's Res Year results, according to the co-ordinator, are tabulated and at UCD. However, for some reason, she won't just give them to us, we have to e-mail or phone her tomorrow morning if we want to know what we got.

Annoying.

The person you refer to is easily the most incompetent person ever employed by UCD. Some people think admin in Belfield is bad - you should see this woman. She had all Christmas and the last 3 weeks to dish our the rotations for the next months - a job that would take an hour. Every day this week we've been told it'll be up that afternoon, then next day. I don't know what rotation I'm on next week, which is crap cos I'm in final year and I need to contact the team I'm attached to. Consultants and Professors are rumoured not to be livid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭Stepherunie

Some postgrad results are out today anyways.

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭MatthewVII

The person you refer to is easily the most incompetent person ever employed by UCD. Some people think admin in Belfield is bad - you should see this woman. She had all Christmas and the last 3 weeks to dish our the rotations for the next months - a job that would take an hour. Every day this week we've been told it'll be up that afternoon, then next day. I don't know what rotation I'm on next week, which is crap cos I'm in final year and I need to contact the team I'm attached to. Consultants and Professors are rumoured not to be livid.

She has been seen in the run-up to christmas exams (extremely hectic period for staff and students in vincent's as I'm sure you're all too aware) in her office addressing christmas cards, spending hours searching the internet for chriskindl presents and looking at books of carpet samples.

What a gal.

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭wonderworm

There is a notice on the ALU website that the S1 Horizons Modular results will be available no later than 4 February!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 625 ✭✭✭princess-sprkle

wonderworm wrote: »
    There is a notice on the ALU website that the S1 Horizons Modular results will be available no later than 4 February!

seems so far away :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭Maxthedm

This is probably the most asked question, but when are the results comin out, or have they already been released?

Advertisement