Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Z E R O R A N G E FOR .22lr

• 02-01-2008 7:11pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭

Whats the best zero range for cz452??

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Remmy

70 yards is a nice range to zero from if your hunting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭maglite

The average range you incounter your targets at,

i like 50 yards, but alot of people go slightly above that in the 60-80 range

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,070 ✭✭✭cavan shooter

I used to sight in 1.5 inches high at 50 yrds pushes MPBR out to about 115

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,271 ✭✭✭✭johngalway

60 yar zero for me using Eley subsonics.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭fiestaman

is there much bullet rise/drop at these ranges or is there a certin range
    where the bullet will be flat?

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 4,076 ✭✭✭IRLConor

fiestaman wrote: »
    is there much bullet rise/drop at these ranges or is there a certin range where the bullet will be flat?

Play with this:

http://www.eskimo.com/~jbm/ballistics/traj_basic/traj_basic.html

it will tell you roughly how far the bullet will drop at various ranges.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 169 ✭✭quackquackBOOM

im zeroed at 75 that way you dont have to aim to high for 100 and to low for 50
    it all depends what you can shoot at try 50 to 60 first and practice and move up from there all you have to do is higher it up when you want to move on to further ranges
    and bullet drop you are better off finding out for yourself
    keep the scope at a set magnification and get 6 pieces or cardboard and draw cross hairs on them set them up 50,60,70,80,90,100 shoot 3 groups at each cross hair and you will know for yourself the bullet drop, your best off doing this as you can relate to it on your own scope with certain milidots or even eye measurements

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭eoinkildare

zeroed my cz452 the other day with my new scope and got it bang on for about 50 yards. have to aim up by about 2-3 inches for 80 yards. this was using eley sub sonics and moderator. goes along with what is shown in that ballistic model. i found 50 yards right for hunting so far (bunnies)

eoin

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭eoinkildare

here is a short video i made on my phone when i was in the field the other day with a target and my rifle. i was pleased with how it turned out considering the wind (you can hear it as i walk), the rain and my newness to the sport! see what yis think
    eoin
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EX_UHB8jhEc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭rrpc

Check the trajectory of your round. Most .22lr rounds will cross the line of sight twice, so you will actually be zeroed for two ranges. It's a while ago since I did this, but I seem to recall that at 75 yards it's also set for 25 yards.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

Yup. Came across that all the time; shoot 25 yard targets in DURC/RRPC, and 50m targets outdoors and the difference was five to ten clicks (depending on the sights). Go to 100 yards, and you had to add in 30 to 40 clicks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 497 ✭✭boc121

here is a short video i made on my phone when i was in the field the other day with a target and my rifle. i was pleased with how it turned out considering the wind (you can hear it as i walk), the rain and my newness to the sport! see what yis think
    eoin
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EX_UHB8jhEc

Nice little video,keep em coming.
    Wish i could do all that stuff myself.

Advertisement