Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas Tree collection

Options
  • 02-01-2008 7:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭

Hi

Are the lads collecting the Christmas trees again?

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭MegFi

Hi

Are the lads collecting the Christmas trees again?

Cheers
    not sure about "collecting" - do you mean collecting from houses? But there is a disposal area again this year - but not at the South Beach car park as before; this year, it is at the area opposite the Rugby
    / Tennis Club at Mill Road - to be dropped off from the 8-12th of Jan. Saw a flyer dropped into my parents house which said this. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭Cheeky Chops

Thanks MegFi

Last year a van went around and picked up trees for 5 or 10 euro from the front of the house. It was great. They stuck a flyer through the door at the time.

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭Wineman

Just had mine taken for a fiver, he said he will be going around Charlesland for the next couple of days. My tree was in the garden when he knocked. Saves all the pine needles in the car.

Thanks MegFi

Last year a van went around and picked up trees for 5 or 10 euro from the front of the house. It was great. They stuck a flyer through the door at the time.

Cheers

Just got a flyer in the door (am sure everyone else in Charlesland did!?) to say Scouts will pick up for a fiver on evening of 7th Jan!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭Delganys Finest

is this just down in Charlesland or will they be around in Greystones too does anyone know?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,129 ✭✭✭pljudge321

Hey everybody I'm one of the scouts collecting the trees.

If you want your tree collected we please ask that you leave your tree
    just outside your door so we know you want it collected. I'm pretty sure we
    will also be knocking door to door as well but doing this will really speed up the job for us.

Also Delganys Finest where do you live and I'll tell you if we will be around

yes - Greystones afternoon of the 5th Jan it says on the flyer. I remeber there was also an email address on the flyer - let me kwnow if you need it and I will dig it out (from the bin!!). I am going to the Chinise now to have the last one before my NY resolutions/diet tmrw!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭Delganys Finest

ah cool that's great thanks :D ,i'll pm you the address now>
    Thank you too Megfi gl with the new leaf :D

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Loopers

Do you mind sending me the e-mail address as well? Many thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭RosieJoe

Just make sure that the trees are being brought to the recycling place, would not want to see them all dumped on the side of a back road somewhere!:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,129 ✭✭✭pljudge321

RosieJoe wrote: »
    Just make sure that the trees are being brought to the recycling place, would not want to see them all dumped on the side of a back road somewhere!:mad:

No don't worry about it, though yesterday doing the estates we had to leave the trees in big piles on the green for about half an hour waiting for the van and trailer to come around, it looked a bit dodgy to the people who had paid us to take them away.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭dubrunner

pljudge321 wrote: »
    No don't worry about it, though yesterday doing the estates we had to leave the trees in big piles on the green for about half an hour waiting for the van and trailer to come around, it looked a bit dodgy to the people who had paid us to take them away.

The Venture Scouts came around to our house last night and took our tree away for €5.

I saw them gathering plenty of trees in the Green from all the houses and then taking them away in their van.

Great guys & great service, well done to the Scouts!!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,937 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

RosieJoe wrote: »

or being sold on in Eastern Europe...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 hon79

And to the lazy resident who dumped theirs in the rubbish bin in Seabourne View, maybe you could be so kind as to take it out and bring it to be recycled!

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Langerland

Pure laziness - Which block?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 hon79

It was in the Anchorage Building. Apparently the bins have been collected now so they don't have to retrieve it now but it is pure laziness.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 239 ✭✭wingding

The things people dump in those bins... Maybe a camera would be in order!

Advertisement