Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

saving original xbox games to external HD

• 02-01-2008 7:38pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭

Is it possible to save games to an external USB HD and play them from that device when signed into Live? I can watch my .AVI movies on it currently but when I went to "Change storage device" while downloading an original game it didn't show up.

I want to use this as my 20 gig can't fit much more onto it.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

Dont think so... If u could they'd never get u to buy there 120gb HD...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 682 ✭✭✭Bros123

No it's impossible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭grizzly

So can I download it, Play it, Delete it and re-download it when I eventually get a new official HD?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

AFAIK yes.... All downloads are tied to ur gamertag

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭silvine

There was a post here a while back from a guy who upgraded to the elite and didn't get his data transferred. He had a load of arcade games downloaded for his son and Microsoft would not let him download them again, without paying.

Surely people are able to hack into the XBox hard drive by now anyway??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,742 ✭✭✭Branoic

silvine wrote: »
    There was a post here a while back from a guy who upgraded to the elite and didn't get his data transferred. He had a load of arcade games downloaded for his son and Microsoft would not let him download them again, without paying.

That was a slightly different situation. As noted, downloads are tied to gamertags, not consoles. The guy with the arcade game problem could re-download all his arcade games under his gamertag, but they couldn't be played on the sons gamertag.

Advertisement