Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Working out business rates

Options
  • 02-01-2008 7:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,070 ✭✭✭

Hiya all, I bought a shop a couple of months ago and have just been hit with a serious bill (I think!) The valuation office have valued the place for rates and have sent me a letter that the valuation is 48k. Now I have been to valoff.ie and have read up as much as I can and as far as I can see, there is a multiple of 60 for South Dublin CoCo. Now I am assuming that it is 48 thousand per annum which is 800 quid A WEEK. I am shell shocked at this and am hoping I am missing something here. It is a two story building with empty offices upstairs which I use to sleep in and chill. Private rooms. These were measured for the valuation and I think I can now get them excluded as they are not part of the shop. Does anyone have any experience of this whole situation. I hope its not 48k per year and I think I can get it reviewed to take my "flat" out of the measurements.

All advice and comments are very welcome.

Thanks in advance

Advertisement