Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Accounts package Functionality Requests

Options
  • 02-01-2008 8:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

I'm a fairly recent user of the Big red book but find its sort / hunt functionality in the Purchases or sales books limited. I acknowledge that exports to excel are possible but in the end a user still has to sort through the user listings if a change or amendment be required.

Coming from Technology background, i wondered if any others would have similar thoughts and if a blog such as this may be a useful place to help indicate to the S/W developers those features that its user base may find useful. In essence to create a functionality request forum.

As start with I would request in Purchase, cash books and cheques journal

a) Basic "MS excel or Acess type" sort / hunt features such as:
    - ascending / descending date sort
    - ascending / descending a/c field sort
    - ascending / descending details Field sort

b) Basic "MS excel or Acess type" search, Find/replace features

c) A function that would allow a linkage between Suppliers and the nominal account codes
    - The feature would support the use of costs sub analysis for specific areas of a business
    - the feature would enable automatic population of a sub/ account code into the resale category of the "Add Purchase Book" Entry Dialogue

eg : if your business was a retail store and you bought newspapers then the supplier, eg newsbrothers could be allocated a specific nominal account code.. ie 135.
    When a purchase book entry is then committed for that supplier the new nominal account code of 135 would then be auto-populated into the resale box instead of the default value.
    This would help save time and improve accuracy.

I'm a new user to web forums however if this sort of medium is useful then perhaps it would be of value to users of other accounts packages where individual threads could be constructed

Advertisement