Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TV unit Bargain Alert

Options
  • 02-01-2008 8:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭

Dunnes is not normally somewhere I'd expect to find high quality furniture so I was very surprised to see this tv unit (zoom in for a better view) there and at half price too! Ordered one today - it's (free) home delivery only and they tell me I'll have it within a week. At the moment I've got an Argos unit and was dying to change it for something a little more solid but was finding it very difficult to get something to fit the 5 foot space between my chimney breast and the wall.

I'm also going to get some white glass doors to hide my AV equipment similar to the ones below that I got for my custom made bathroom unit.

SP_A0038_phixr.jpg

Once I get the doors fitted I'll probably take the back off to let some air in! Ordered this yoke last night so my remotes will work.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭5h4mr0(k

We've been looking for a decent unit for over a year now. Thought that I had one ordered last year, only to find that they weren't doing them anymore.

Yesterday I took a trip to Craughwell Furniture. It was well worth the trip. They actually had a selection of units around the place. Most places I'd gone before this you were lucky to find 1 or 2, and even then you'd have to assemble them yourself.

The unit we ordered has a similar layout to the Dunnes one, but it already has the 2 glass doors, and cable holes at the back. Open shelves in the middle. Good solid wood - no assembly required. It was €329.

There was another unit there - it was too big for the space we're fitting it into - but it was really nice. Similar to what we ordered, but had extra two pull out compartments at each end for slotting in DVDs. Very nice job.

They have a website, but they don't have the units up on it. Well worth the trip!

Advertisement