Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Toyota Yaris 1 or 1.3?

Options
  • 02-01-2008 8:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭

My friend is considering one of these in the 1 litre version. She currently drives a 1.3 Punto. Should she go for the 1.3 version or will the 1 litre suffice? She's a bit on the heavy side. Will this affect it's performance? It's a 2003 model with low mileage.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

The 1.0 in the Yaris is 65bhp, and the 1.2 in the Punto is likely to be 60bhp. The 1.0 usually makes more sense as the tax and fuel consumption are less painful.
    Try and get the updated 2003 model which will have ABS and CD player.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭Peig Sayers

Thanks for that! I think it is the updated model so happy days!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

Thanks for that! I think it is the updated model so happy days!
    Updated Yaris;
    1L - 69bhp
    1.3L - 87bhp

Go for the 1L, cheaper to run, cheaper tax & insurance.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,671 ✭✭✭Darwin

Yep, wife drives 1L model and it's pretty nippy for such a small engine. No problem at all with motorway speeds either.

hellboy99 wrote: »
    Updated Yaris;
    1L - 69bhp
    1.3L - 87bhp

Go for the 1L, cheaper to run, cheaper tax & insurance.

"Updated" in 2003 meant facelifted, and with more equipment than the 1999-2003 spec. It was mechanically the same as the 1999 model,
    the new 69bhp 1.0 engine didn't come in till Nov 2005. (the 3 cylinder one)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

I went from a 1.2l Clio to a 1.0l Yaris and I noticed the difference in initial starting speeds in 1st gear but in 3rd it really flies. Other than that there's little difference between them. Its a really nice little car to drive.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

Mother went for the 1l in the end after all my persuasion to get the 1.3.

This thread might be of some help

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2054946570

not as clear cut on the old model, the 1.3 on the new model is more refined than the new 3 cylinder 1.0.
    On the old model both engines are 4 cylinder, so will sound the same. Comes down to where and how the car will be driven

Advertisement