Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dixons camera return policy

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

heggie wrote: »
    foggy_lad, you CAN return to the manufacturer if you so wish

yes you can but you don't have to and dixons can't force you to

• Closed Accounts Posts: 633 ✭✭✭IncredibleHulk

PaddyWacky wrote: »
    I Purchased a Kodak camera just after Christmas from Dixons in The Jervis ST centre Dublin. Everything was fine, really happy with my purchase. Two days later I notice there was a blue dot (dead pixel) on the LCD screen. I immediately turned off the camera, as I did not want the defect to get any worse. I decided to return the camera for a replacement six days later. I was told by the very unhelpful sales assistance that I can not get the camera fixed, replaced or a refund, so I asked for the manager who told me the same thing. They told me the camera will have to have more than 4 blue dots (dead pixels) to get a replacement. It’s clear to see the camera is defected. I registered my details with Dixons on purchase of the camera for my 1 year warranty and I did not receive any information on this policy. If I was told this before I bought the camera I would not have spent my hard earned cash at Dixons. Are they breaking the law? Am I entitled to a replacement or a refund?

http://www.consumerassociation.ie/rights.html
    I would not return to manufacturers your contract is with seller. If you return to manufacturers you may weaken your rights

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭heggie

I know you dont have to, thats why I said if you wish, foggy_lad on several occasions in this thread implied you can't return to manufacturer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 633 ✭✭✭IncredibleHulk

heggie wrote: »
    I know you dont have to, thats why I said if you wish, foggy_lad on several occasions in this thread implied you can't return to manufacturer.
    Fair enough, my point was by returning to manufacturer the seller may be able to claim/ask 'why did you not return to us'

Advertisement