Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Remapping TDI

Options
  • 02-01-2008 9:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28

Hi All

Anybody know of any places in Dublin that would remap a Golf TDI.

Got a few names from the net but it would save a drive to longford!!!

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,590 ✭✭✭tossy

www.chippedire.com give joe a shout before he heads of for his winter hols,he would get the two thumbs up from me.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭MarkN

Check out www.vagdrivers.net . I would go with Revo Technik if I was going for a remap.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,863 ✭✭✭omega man

Agree Revo best for VAG cars but upsloute good too. www.upsolute.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭ZygOte

not wanting to highjack the thread, but is remapping actually effective? is there a noticable difference and can it lead to any kind of engine damage or issues with warranty/insurance?

It is completely noticeable yes. The car will pull a lot harder through acceleration, top speed etc. You're adding anything from 30 to 70 bhp+ to a car and a huge chunk of torque to go with it. Turbo cars only really benefit from a straight forward remap though.

It will void the warranty but once you have been honest with your insurance company there is no issue there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,464 ✭✭✭✭Alun

MarkN wrote: »
    It will void the warranty ...
    When I lived in the Netherlands, you could get your TDi remapped by the VW dealer itself with full retention of your warranty. I never heard of it being offered anywhere else, but I know of many people who availed of the offer.

Yep, heard of that myself. I think BMW offer it too.

Can't see it coming here anytime soon! :)

Advertisement