Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Your first Gun

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭lucy333springer

oh, also waiting on ticket for
    THEOBEN SPRINGER AIR RIFLE he he. plus larger cabinet.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭dwighet

my first gun was a marrochi o/u 12 gauge.....gone now
    second: rem 700 sps 223...........................gone now
    third: rem 597 semi auto 22lr......................gone now
    forth: cz 527 varmint 223..........................gone now
    fifth: cz 452 17 hmr..................................gone now
    sixth: cz 452 22lr limited edition..................gone now

currently have: rem r-15 semi auto 223
    : zabala hermanos athena sbs 12 gauge
    : custom 7mm08
    And saving my bickies for something speacial for a trip to South Africa next year..
    The mrs thinks im mad but only hunters and shooters understand;);)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Hootanany

first gun was a leranga side by side really wasnt ment for me and gave me bad confidence at first because i think the stock was altered a bit for a previous user and i looked down the left barrel and yes it was a right hand gun
    forget how i started to tell the truth

Its was mine to when the trigger went off accidently twice it was time to upgrade

• Registered Users Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭patsat

i have been firing guns since i was big enough to hold them!!never really been interested in shotguns its always been a rifle!started wit my da's .22lr, .22 hornet, .270 and .243. and now its on to my own .22hmr and .223!and i'm getting the itch to go for a deer calibre soon as i shot my first deer the other day using my da's .243.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭foxshooter243

I began rifle shooting in 1970 with a venerable mk 3 Webley underlever 22 calibre air rifle, and two years later was given an AYA no 4 boxlock at the tender age of 13 years, with it came 6 boxes of eley shells and a gamebag:eek:-thats what it was to have a well heeled uncle at the time-licencing problems were a thing from another galaxy:D-those were the halcyon days:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭LB6

Initially I used to do the odd day out clay shooting, but never really took to it. One day I was brought to the range as a visitor. So just to pass the time I got to use one of the club guns.... shot relatively well for a first timer and was asked to come back....and that they say was that - hooked! I'm still there. Continued to use the club gun every week until I picked up my own Anschutz 1411 - 1963(yr she was made) couple of months later. I still have it although I've changed the stock on it now. She's still is as good as the day I first got her. Couple of other pieces too - but she's my baby and won't be getting rid! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭jimbo 22

My story

My first gun was a merkel side by side that was 10 years ago
    This gun was 20 Years old when my dad bought it for me and its as tight as the day i bought it cant fault it...

since then i had a
    winchester Semi Auto .22
    Got rid and bought a CZ .17 Still have that
    Then mooved up to Centrefire Sako 75 in 270 Last Year

Next on the list is a Baretta / winchester Semi Auto 12g Shotgun :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,772 ✭✭✭meathstevie

I got my first own shotgun a few years ago; Merkel S/S ejector, in the meantime I've had a Stoeger semi ( piece of crap ), an Anschut bolt action .22 hornet with a Zeiss Conquest on it, a S/S non-ejector Merkel and a Maverick 88.

Before that I fired a lot of different stuff belonging to my old man; an FN built B25 12g. trap gun, a Saive S/S 12g., a Browning BAR in .300 Win Mag, and last but not least an FN 9mm garden shotgun :D

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭derek_g34

First..........Krico 22 Semi-Auto................gone now
    Second......Fabarm Pump-Action..............still have it
    Third.........Glock 34 9mm.......................gone now
    Fourth.......Sako TRG 308.......................still have it
    Fifth..........CZ 75 Tactical Sports 9mm.....still have it

Advertisement