Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Networks & unlocking phones

• 02-01-2008 11:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭

Sorry if this should be in the 'unlocking' thread, it seems very technical and my question is more about the networks unlocking the handsets for you.

I'm currently with O2 and I know (until recently anyway) they would unlock a prepay handset once you'd credited e150 to the account. Meteor wanted some ridiculous amount (talking hundreds IIRC) to do the same when I was with them a couple of years ago. Does anyone know what the other networks are like? Voda seem to have the best selection of handsets but if I can't get it unlocked relatively easy (I have a UK sim I use aswell) then there's no point in me switching.

I have looked through their websites but can't find anything.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

afaik vodafone have 150.00 topup required as well, it wouldnt make good business sense for a company to pay for a phone to sell to you at a massively subsidised rate only to have you unlock it for use on another network without any return for them, give 1907 a call n they'll tell you straight away, or you could just pay in a phone shop and get it unlocked (not a vodafone store obviously)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭pow wow

Thanks for that. With O2 the e150 kind of rolled over, like once you'd hit it they'd unlock any subsequent phone without having to wait for another cycle of e150 to be credited if that makes sense.

Do you know is that the same with Vodafone? Customer care won't talk to me because I'm not a customer...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

seriously? they wont even give you general information? ive helped loads of people who werent on o2 with general queries,it is pretty handy that once you've topped up your number and the phones are registered to that number that you can unlock any phone, its even worth just shoving 150.00 credit into an account so you can get unlock codes for future phones, have no idea if this is with other networks too im afraid

Advertisement