Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Beretta 687 silver pigeon 3

• 02-01-2008 11:08pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭

Anyone got any views on the Beretta 687 silver pigeon 3. was thinking of purchasing one, the 28'' game or 30'' game. getting cash price from €2100-€2400. might use it for abit of clay shooting too. any info welcome

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Remmy

very nice well made gun but if your going to use it primarily as a game gun and ocaisionally with clays you could get a lot of gun for a lot less.Pick up a lanber sporter and spend the money you saved on cartridges!

• Registered Users Posts: 18 john mcvey

excellent gun i looked at it myself but as i do a lot of rough shooting i have just ordered the ultralight deluxe,as it is very light.
    but the silver pigeon is a very good choice, later you will benefit from good trade value iff you change it.

;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 539 ✭✭✭tikkamark

I have a silver pigeon 3 myself there a joy to shoot and will last you a lifetime i use mine for roughshooting,clays and pigeons i was probably lucky enough to get it brand new for €1950.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭foxshooter243

Go with beretta cos they are the best in that price range and any dealer will take it off you if you ever decide to change...... icon14.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭fiestaman

tikkamark wrote: »
    I have a silver pigeon 3 myself there a joy to shoot and will last you a lifetime i use mine for roughshooting,clays and pigeons i was probably lucky enough to get it brand new for €1950.

where did you get it at that price?? Was it long ago

• Advertisement

fiestaman wrote: »
    where did you get it at that price?? Was it long ago

You have private message Fiestaman ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭contact23

tikkamark wrote: »
    You have private message Fiestaman ;)

any chance of sharing the info on the beretta at €1950??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,671 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Remmy wrote: »
    very nice well made gun but if your going to use it primarily as a game gun and ocaisionally with clays you could get a lot of gun for a lot less.Pick up a lanber sporter and spend the money you saved on cartridges!
    I don't think there are in the same league really. Would you swap a BMW for a Nissan and spend the saved cash on petrol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 491 ✭✭alan123

Correctomondo Mellor (nice analogy!), dont buy a Lamber if you can afford the Berretta. I have a 682 and its great, really versatile. I use it for game (pigeons, pheasants, crows, partridge) and clays. Its light enough to carry around all day in the fields and it will hold its own at the clay ground. I dare say you could get a much better price on a clean second hand one though?

In saying that I think my barrels must be warped, I dont seem to be hitting much these days, then again maybe its the stock or a damaged trigger mechanism, the wrong chokes, bad ammo....!!!!

contact23 wrote: »
    any chance of sharing the info on the beretta at €1950??

Hate to disappoint you but they have seemed to have shot up a fair bit in price for some reason since i got mine last year they seem to be selling for 2400-2500 everywhere now :mad:unless fiestaman got a better price off that contact i gave him?
    After owning mine for over mine i firmly think they are a hell of a gun for that price mine never missed a beat and it fired a fair few shells it mounts and swings supurb;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭Banjax

If that's a new gun price it's not too bad I guess.

Anyway, there is very little to fault in modern Berettas, and they have the best resale value of any gun. They are a wise investment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 maigheo

i wouldn't rule out a browning myself, i heard alot of good about them, they seem hard enough to come by up my way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 thed4king

Not that my input matters in the slightest, but my old man has a 687 silver pigeon III in 30" and its the best gun he ever bought in my opinion. I love it! Nice engravings. Its great for whatever we throw at it, whether it be clays, or a proper days out hunting; never disappoints. And a dealer told us once that if they're well maintained and looked after, they'll never lose any more than 15-20pc of the cost. Oh, and they come in a really swish case.... just thought i'd throw that in there :)

Advertisement