Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Econ20010

Options
  • 02-01-2008 11:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 675 ✭✭✭

Well guys
    I'm actually doing second radiography at the moment and trying to think of an elective to do next semester. There is not much choice and was thinking of doing intermediate microeconomics. I did the introduction to micro course last year and thought it was grand but just wanted to know is there much of a step up involved here. Also is there much work involved cause my second semester
    timetable is already terrible and really full

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 181 ✭✭x keo21

im in my final year, majoring in economics. i done this last year and found it very boring, there is alot of theory and concept ideas in the course. There are tutorials assigned that have no relevence to the end of year exam and the midterm is an absolute horrible. but..If you can get over the dryness of the course youll be alright, there is a relatively high failure rate that goes with the course. i would suggest doing another elective, this course is not worth the hassle.....IMO.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭redcar

Crap I am doing this as part of my core next semester. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭Stepherunie

ant043 wrote: »
    Well guys
    I'm actually doing second radiography at the moment and trying to think of an elective to do next semester. There is not much choice and was thinking of doing intermediate microeconomics. I did the introduction to micro course last year and thought it was grand but just wanted to know is there much of a step up involved here. Also is there much work involved cause my second semester
    [/FONT]

Have you tried getting into a sports management module or nursing one? I know a fair few of them fit into the rad timetables. Also Biology for the Modern World is, I'm told, not a bad course to take as an elective!

Ps off topic from this but second rad is dire - it does get better next year!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 675 ✭✭✭ant043

Yeah thanks for the advice guys

There is not much choice at the moment i might take stepherunie's advice and look for something else. Last thing i need is something that takes a lot of work.

From what i can see on sis, biology for the modern world is first semester only and all the science/medicine and nursing modules are full
    Think i am screwed for next semester

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭Stepherunie

Have you tried sports management?

What are the recommended modules? I know rad are great for those? Is PBL still year head - you could ask him - he's class.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭Young Siward

Well guys

Thanks in advance

To be fair the course isn't too bad, but the material is incredibly dry. Lots of preference relationships and indifference curves if I remember right. If you've done introductory economics, why not try one of the economics options instead? There's about half a dozen to choose from and I found them far more interesting....

yeah i tried sports management but it is only available in the first semester. No the year head is not him i think.

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭Assets Model

yeah i tried sports management but it is only available in the first semester. No the year head is not him i think.

Its dull but if you're good at maths is a walkover

Is there any nice electives left ? Everyone i looked at so far i do not like the look of.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭gerry87

In the same boat, there wont be any changing until the term starts, then people will drop and pick up new ones. Find one you want to do and keep trying it for the first two weeks of term, someone might drop out.

Found one at last. Additional places were made available for physical fitness phty10060. It Sounds handy enough

Advertisement