Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

irish!

Options
  • 02-01-2008 11:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭

Hi im fairly bad at writing irish and my vocab isnt the best.Im in fifth year now and im looking for the best results i can achieve and irish is my weak point.I never really never put any effort into it wat so ever!

I really want to do better in it wer do i start?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,227 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Talk to your teacher.

Do your homework as well as you can. Pay attention to corrections made to it.

Learn five new words of vocabulary every day.
    Learn useful phrases that can be used in a number of situations.

Get yourself some past papers and do questions yourself at home. Ask your teacher to correct them for you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 121 ✭✭Patrickisperfec

Buy Faoinse every Saturday, read in detail Cathal Mac Coille's 'alt' while underlining all the words you dont understand and learning them, it's as simple as that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 konawi

eoins2345 wrote: »
    Hi im fairly bad at writing irish and my vocab isnt the best.Im in fifth year now and im looking for the best results i can achieve and irish is my weak point.I never really never put any effort into it wat so ever!

I really want to do better in it wer do i start?

you can't do better than talking to someone who has got Irish so that they can correct you when you make mistakes. Maybe try some Irish chat rooms or something like that if you don't know anyone that would fit the role! there are a few sorta yahoo/google groups out there of people trying to improve their irish else there are things like www.gaeltalk.net/leavingcert or just listening to TG4 and raidio na gaeltachta!
    goodluck!

Advertisement