Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Can anyone recommend a good accountancy for a small ltd company

• 02-01-2008 11:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 27

Hello,
    I am running a small Ltd company, we are 2 people working as contractors for other companies. We are unhappy with our current accountancy, they are charging 1700 Euro + VAT a year but the only thing they really do is the yearly accounts. Moreover last time we had to keep asking them for 2 months before they found time to meet up with us; they actually still haven't provided us with the full accounts, we only got a draft, which had some mistakes and did not include all expenses (e.g. we spotted some expenses that they didn't put on the accounts and they were 900 euro!). On top of that all they did was answering our emails with some basic questions and they gave us some information on how to pay PRSI, PAYE and VAT when we started the company a year ago (but we are making the payments ourselves). I am sure there are much better companies out there, could anyone recommend something reasonable?

Cheers,
    X-Y-Z

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭MuffinsDa

that doesn't sound like good service at all.

I am in a similar setup (limited company, contracting, 2 people on payroll) but luckily I found a guy through contacts to do my accounts properly and I'm very happy with his work so far. He's always very responsive and on time with accounts (quarterly accounts with full details and forecast and reports and bells and whistles), does my payroll, personal tax for both directors, VAT, company office compliance and all relevant forms, etc etc and all of that for a really good price so I don't hesitate at all recommending him to you. His website is http://www.lynwood-resources.com/ and I'll send you his name and phone number via PM (for privacy reasons, just in case he wouldn't like his name and number appear on public boards).

Advertisement